Strange tips for strange times...

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Wish I was on the rock n roll, life would be good. Just been told that my window cleaning at an oldies home is ratshit for the foreseeable future, couple grand a month gone. Still smokin on the other money at the moment. Guess I get to hit my super soon so I'm not looking at it being a bad thing, may buy an oz when that happens, needed if lock down happens. And a vintage dh bike or two, now that makes me happy.
If life gives you a cup of urine , turn it into lemonade, I still love life.
If you are in lock down and stuck at home, wouldn't that be a good case to go home hydro?

safreek

Your partner is going to flog you if money is spent on old bikes, but that's your devious plan right?
That is certainly is a win, for me anyway. I have had sort of win, an old employer that I took a couple of contracts off has phoned me and asked me to work for him. It was a bad fall out with him making many threats. He is a qlder in a non essential profession so can't come and do his contracted work in nsw.
I screwed him down for a mad hourly rate with all the benefits, sweet sweet justice

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Was good, for me this is the the run that stuck with me throughout the last 2 decades. Danny hart's balls being the other.

Reckon I have about 40+ 'old school' MTB movies 2007-2012 period, we've done re-runs occasionally. Everytime my boys point out how everyone is on 26" bikes and how skinny the handlebars are.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Don't know shit about it but seems relevant to the conversation.

Released in full to ease the isolation strain (though admittedly probably makes it harder to not jump on the bike).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm going to do my tax return! It's a bit late...
Well that didn't really work out...my gov is still down
So this is how it feels to be up to date with my taxes...

Thought I'd try and figure out centre link while I was at it. I could be running at moron level 1000 but...from what I could see following their advice to register on line requires me to already be registered. So either ambiguous wording or something was missing or I just didn't understand.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So this is how it feels to be up to date with my taxes...

Thought I'd try and figure out centre link while I was at it. I could be running at moron level 1000 but...from what I could see following their advice to register on line requires me to already be registered. So either ambiguous wording or something was missing or I just didn't understand.
I'd love to know who designs most of the Govau sites to throat punch them, they can never put all the info you need on one page, it's like a labyrinth of clicks to find out what you need to know.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'd love to know who designs most of the Govau sites to throat punch them, they can never put all the info you need on one page, it's like a labyrinth of clicks to find out what you need to know.
It's public "service", why would they want to make it functional? They have to waste our time somehow!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I used to! It's a strange process and there is usually a reasonable bit of user testing along the way. But the content is still written in house by people who aren't always specifically trained in writing, and it is easy to get caught up with inside speak. Labyrinth is a good way to describe it.

It's public "service", why would they want to make it functional? They have to waste our time somehow!
The service lies in keeping people off the streets. In some aspects it's a bit like a zoo.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ABC had one of their finance guys on a late show last night who said he's not at all surprised by the queues, the entire centrelink process is designed to discourage you from getting money off the government. now they need to get money into peoples hands of course its failing

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I’m about to have a look at this as my casual employer shut down yesterday, any suggestions, anyone been through the process.

I have: letter confirming I’ve been stood down, 3 payslips, passport, Medicare card, drivers license. Anything else that could make the process less painful? Tequila maybe?