Strictly Bitch cranks

floody

Wheel size expert
Strictly BMX Bitch cranks, any opinions? Seem like mad value for money at $325 with a Ti spindle and euro BB - considering getting a set for myself to put on my street/DJ/4X bike.
Which would stick it right up their "no mountainbikes blah blah" bit on the site, but you get that.

Only slightly worried the spindle might be a tad short, my old FeltBMX 3 piece was borderline on spindle length, though I suppose its not such an issue if I just abandon all my principles and go SS instead of gears + E13 Guide.

Last edited:

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spindle too short? How would that be when its both on a euro bb? That is unless your putting it in a wider bb shell, which would require a larger spacer in the middle between the two separate cups.

floody

Wheel size expert
Some BMX cranks out there run quite short spindles as they only have to deal with a 110mm rear hub and correspondingly narrow rear end.
AFAIK Profile have a wider spindle in the mtb crankset than the BMX one.

hinga1

Likes Dirt
i looked into these as well floody but couldnt find much mabe try www.ozscenebmx.com mabe .au and ask the bmxers about them??

if i was you i would pay the extra bit and get profiles with ti spindle and life time warrenty for 337 + postage

floody

Wheel size expert
hinga1 said:
if i was you i would pay the extra bit and get profiles with ti spindle and life time warrenty for 337 + postage
Where on earth do I get euro Ti BB Profiles for $337AUD??

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I'd personally give them a miss. A regular customer at the shop purchased a complete bike from strickly, the cranks were not only poorly installed (which caused the bearings to die quickly), they were pretty average quality wise IMHO. I was forced to file the paint from the rear of the drive crank in order to get the sprocket to run true and the customer was up for a new bb.

I'd be going hones, xts. The only reason to get bmx cranks is if you plan to grind or stall on them.

floody

Wheel size expert
j5ive said:
I'd personally give them a miss. A regular customer at the shop purchased a complete bike from strickly, the cranks were not only poorly installed (which caused the bearings to die quickly), they were pretty average quality wise IMHO. I was forced to file the paint from the rear of the drive crank in order to get the sprocket to run true and the customer was up for a new bb.
Hmm, ok, sounds a bit like my Felt 3 piece - the stock bearings were shithouse metal sealed rubbish and crapped out within a few weeks of riding, and they didn't run true without a fair bit of filing and messing about.
I suppose thats the story of all cheap 3 pieces then... Realistically it was the fact they're Ti BB that got me interested.

Last edited:

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
j5ive said:

That all comes back to poor installlation though. I'd say go for them, if you are willing to install them yourself. as for the paint thing, just get a set of the raw ones.

floody

Wheel size expert
Got an email back today, 175mm and 989g including BB. If they aren't totally rubbish they seem like a gamble worth taking, even if it takes a little bit more prep/$30 worth of quality Jap bearings to make them work..