stromlo dh

jimmy seaton

Likes Dirt
does any one no when stromlo will be open to public or is there any days to practice before the corc round this august

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The CORC site usually has all the updates you'll need.

http://corc.asn.au/trails/stromlo.asp

The Stromlo park has been open to the public for quite a while now, not sure if the DH course is always open, I know when I was there it was closed for work, but that was in March, so i'd imagine that'd be done by now.

dhd

Downhill Direct
I heard a mumble about the 3rd or 4th 6f August the other day. I'm pretty sure it will be well advertised on here though!

astroboy

CORC Trails team
I heard a mumble about the 3rd or 4th 6f August the other day. I'm pretty sure it will be well advertised on here though!
I will be getting confirmation of the planned opening date for the DH track today from the Park managers. Glen and the boys were waiting on some final materials to complete the approach and exit to the bridge crossing.

DHD is correct - it will be screamed from the rooftops when confirmed.

Astro

Stack Shack

Likes Dirt
Im going to have my first race at stromlo. i will be racing a 03 kona stuff hardtail. Is there anything that i should bring. And what kind of track is it?(lots of rock gardens, big jumps/drops)

jimmy seaton

Likes Dirt
lochy u should come with me and im going to have a look at what:D lines to take and stuff so i dont need to on race day ill prob a couple of days before race day

Alex D

Likes Bikes
so anyone have any rough ball park idea for the DH being open? i wanna get down there towards the end of august, anyone know if it should be a goer by then?

astroboy

CORC Trails team
Update on Stromlo DH Track

OK then, finally got a spare moment to get onto the Park Managers about the status of the Stromlo DH track. As most of you have already heard Glen (and I) were so confident of a grand opening the weekend just gone that Glen jumped the starter gun and put out the word in the latest issue of Revo. Unfortunately there was yet ANOTHER delay, this time thanks to a problem sourcing an appropriate rubber floor covering for the DH bridge. It's needed to keep the sound down, but primarily to stop riders slipping in the tunnel.

The good news is that my discussions with park managers today proved very fruitfull. In short, they agreed that as long as we can make sure it's not slippery when wet sans rubber base then it should be all good to go shortly thereafter. So Glen is going to do some last minute grip testing tomorrow thanks to a bucket of water and a test ride (very technical stuff, I know). If all is OK then fingers crossed for a weekend opening. We will likely need to close it temporarily sometime later on to install the rubber when it is delivered but it will be done during the week and should be quick.

Astro

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Stromlo DH Track Officially Open to Public from NEXT Weekend (18-19 August)

Stromlo DH Track Officially Open to Public from NEXT Weekend (18-19 August)
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2007 on the corc website

It’s been a long time coming (just under 7 months in fact) but NEXT weekend 18-19 August will see the official opening of the Mt Stromlo Championship Downhill Track (the one down the Eastern side). There is still the formal handover to do but the club has been assured all these will be taken care of by close of business next Friday.

A cautionary warning note to those not having ridden it before, or those who last rode it at the nationals/last club round - be sure to take it easy on your first run. Glen Jacobs and his guys have made some changes to sections of the course to make it faster so some bits won’t be familiar.

Enjoy.

Reece

CORC Trails Team

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Congrats to all the CORC people and others for getting that track up and running in the face of large amounts of Red tape. I can't wait to get back and ride it again.