Stromlo Upgrade approved

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I think I must have gone during a logging operation that temporarily cut off access to that part of Kowen if you parked you car at the Sparrow trail head. That's why I've been riding Sparrow the last few times I went. THere's new trail in there too btw

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cool, I didnt know that. Know what I'm doing next weekend then :)
This trail you didn’t know? Pics of that one.

I like trances. Alot. Unashamedly a trance fanboy.

I like my tranny even betterer though. No ragerts here

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
haha, righto next weekend i shall provide pictorial evidence of yet more awesome.

I should get a shot of some the new berms they put on the Kowen side, they're bloody good!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Awesome. Stromlo and majura always seems to get the hype from us outta towners, but Kowen has always been top tier from my experience.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ummm. Standard size? Thats the one I got from the Scott 25hr a few years ago. Trances are a bit cozy in the triangle, I use a side entry cage for it.
How the fuck do you drive a Renault and Alfa and ride a Giant?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haakon

How the fuck do you drive a Renault and Alfa and ride a Giant?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Wanna donate some cash for a Hope? But yes, the irony has occurred to me... I just like them though, I like the way they ride and its not my fault Renault and Giant are massive companies making a shittone of their thing and are hence "common".

But the Alfa was not my call.

Haakon

Now it's my turn to express disbelief...maybe it is again a matter of perspective?

Don't give him that...
Everything is relative man... I’m toying with the idea of getting some skills training, I get wobbly on berms these days now that I’m faster than I used to be. Either that or I have bike setup completely arse about...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I get wobbly on berms these days now that I’m faster than I used to be. Either that or I have bike setup completely arse about...
I'm sure I've talked enough smack about giant and their awkward geometry in the past...even the dh and freeride stuff they make rides like some git thinks it is for descents on le tour. Anyway we are all different, but from a quick look at the side on pic of your bike above, you are correct - the bike is set up all wrong for down. I draw specific attention to the huge amount of exposed seat post you have, the seemingly excessive forward roll of your bars, and the abundance pile of spacers under your stem. This well all add together to ensure that your arse is up, your head is down, and your weight is thrust forward. This may suit some people but for me it's a no go. If you're inclined to experiment...slam the stationary element of the dropper and roll the bars back a little. If you like that switch one spacer at a time to being above the stem. That way you can test the position without cutting the steerer. Of course your recent run of "fuck my sore bits..." may also impact what position is comfy to ride in.

Corners is a whole other game...commitment is the biggest hold back to railing a berm.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Was there on the weekend. Some of the berms on Breakout and some of the jumps on Old Duffy have grown substantially. Will have to try the new track, be nice to ride something not so groomed, I really like Party Line which is one of the narrowest and roughest but it's even had a bit of smoothing.