Stromlo Upgrade approved

Scotty T

Walks the walk
but there is a massive opportunity to build something out the back between Deep Creek and Three Amigos (continuation of Slick Rock) and spread the crowds a bit thinner haha
I heard just last night there are some hand cut ones already out that way.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Where were you last night @Scotty T? And did you have a shovel in hand?
Had a beer in hand at the Canberra Brewers first meeting since COVID started, out at Bentspoke Cannery. There's an inordinate number of MTBers in the club. Apparently you keep going up the firetrail instead of going into Deep Creek. May or may not have time to scope it out this weekend.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Had a beer in hand at the Canberra Brewers first meeting since COVID started, out at Bentspoke Cannery. There's an inordinate number of MTBers in the club. Apparently you keep going up the firetrail instead of going into Deep Creek. May or may not have time to scope it out this weekend.
Went searching for those one day last year to no avail... I’d be interested in some better intel!

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Lovely, yelling at idiots is always so cathartic :) But seriously though, looking forward to new trails! They should be nicely bedded in by the time i get to them, couple of months away still for me :(
Then you will also love the junction of the new jump trail (yet to open) with Duffys. They meet at a backside of a roller. Cluster f$&k going to happen there too.

The new climb and jump trail near playground are open. They are a nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peanut

Likes Dirt
I rolled the blue descending trail from bridge down yesterday arvo, my bad!, I assumed it was already open from the amount of people that were riding it & there were zero barriers, tape or signs.
I think stromlo should reconsider & Close it off properly with barriers etc for another 2 weeks to dry out some more, due to the amount of water & mud on the last section alone. There's quite a bit of soil subsidence on several area's also, stromlo soil & lots of rain don't play well together.
Unless they pulled a rabbit out of the hat over the next few days, it's not what I'd consider to be finished.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Back on the bike today, so got in a couple laps of the new flow trail. So many options in the top part, was confused as to what trail I was actually on!, but its all good, it opens up nicely after than and not really anything challenging (it is blue after all) so it was really fun on a short travel bike.

I'll check out the coaching loop later this week

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
heading down to the Berra this weekend with the two little shredders and the Mrs on her new bike, would the new trails be suitable for small people?.
we were just going to stick to Bruce ridge and Majura , as B-R is next to where we are staying and Maj, I know is good for small people!..
But Im keen to try out the new flow trail, as long as my knee holds up, as I won't be bringing the robot bike down!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I would say its a proper blue trail - nothing technical, just you pick up speed really quickly and need to control/ time it through rollers, table tops and tight berms else you're going to end up getting thrown out of a corner or bucked off a series of rollers.

Coaching trail might be more friendly, will check it out later in week. Stromlo still has plenty to offer kids though - they have that whole new pump track to play around on too.

It will be really busy this weekend - 25/26 degrees and school holidays..

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is the road to the top of stromlo closed? Was also going to head down on the weekend but kid does not like climbing...

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
I would say its a proper blue trail - nothing technical, just you pick up speed really quickly and need to control/ time it through rollers, table tops and tight berms else you're going to end up getting thrown out of a corner or bucked off a series of rollers.

Coaching trail might be more friendly, will check it out later in week. Stromlo still has plenty to offer kids though - they have that whole new pump track to play around on too.

It will be really busy this weekend - 25/26 degrees and school holidays..
The coaching trail is much better built and has much better rhythm to it. Big fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk