Stromlo's Condition

peanut

Likes Dirt
Some more work took place this week.
The g20 drop was changed into a big rock wall rollover, with the option of dropping off it into a tranny or gapping off it onto another tranny about 3m from the base. The whole section of track to the bridge from g20 has been re-algned to increase the gradient.

The mid section between the bridge and triple treat has been patched in parts and some of the rollers built up, half way along a new alignment has been built to get around the off camber rock corner, you now enter the old track on top of the corner by jumping/rolling into the large RH berm.

The final hip jump on triple treat was cleaned out a bit with a steeper landing added behind the old rock, so you can short jump it or send it to the old landing.

A new section from the corner after the triple treat hip jump was built cutting out the long diversion to the LH berm, the track now joins into the RH berm leading into the road gap section, lots more speed and no pedalling needed..

The lander for the road gap was cleaned up and the face of the first double has been filled/cleaned up.
The main berm in wallaby run between the jumps section has also been cleaned up.

some of the soil is going to be soft, the track is different in places so take it easy first run, if it actually rains like the weatherman has been promising this weekend it will firm up nicely.

edit: The gate has been removed from the hip jump on triple treat aswell.

Last edited:

peanut

Likes Dirt
Anymore work before the nationals ? is is that how the track will stay now ?
I think the b line around the rock gardens at the top is going to be worked on but don't quote me on it.
I don't actually know which top section they plan to use for the nationals.

topic

Likes Dirt
i always ride the right top section from the roll in, whats the left like???? for some unknown reason i never ride it....

swatto90

Likes Dirt
old track

Just went out to stromlo for a xc ride. Stopped at the bridge and looked at all the work. G20 is amazing. I think they are going to be using it for nationals. The new section will separate the boys from the men. The section after the bridge before triple treat has a new section as well. with a double into the second berm before triple treat (where the old of camber over the rock crap section was)
Everyone should go have a look. They are working out what people want and are providing it finally.

JJ1989

Likes Bikes
G20 is on its way!

I went for a xc ride at stromlo and took some pictures of the new track for G20, Looks big!
2013-01-29 18.02.06.jpg2013-01-29 18.02.51.jpg2013-01-29 18.03.21.jpg