Structure Cycleworks

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You sound like a roadie complaining about disc brakes :) I reckon it looks cool - form following function always looks good.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All these weird concept bike start-ups which try and solve a problem that doesn't exist - if they have money to throw away, just give me some.

Haakon

Given the amount of development and marketing that goes into fork stiffness and stiction minimisation, I’d say there is a problem that still can be addressed.

Surprised at the hate - I reckon it’s good to see something a bit different. I’d love to see how it rides.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I reckon they would have been told to ride it up the service road on Whistler mountain, the lift guys would not have let that thing on. ;)
I'm keen to know how it would handle though, an active shock instead of suspension forks on the front could be bloody amazing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll wait for the boost version.

I'm with Moorey on this one. Looks like a lot of old outdated designs jammed together into one shit heap.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Fuck that Structure monstrosity...how good is this?

I had no idea Nicolai made an XC bike. I'd rock it!

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just leave mountain bikes as they are, there's enough innovative standards out there to burn your money as it is.

Haakon

And yet every weird arse frame and rear suspension design gets accepted... I'm finding the reactions quite surprising!

Well, if it rides as well as promised I'd own it (if I could afford it...) - I think it looks great.

moorey

call me Mia
And yet every weird arse frame and rear suspension design gets accepted... I'm finding the reactions quite surprising!

Well, if it rides as well as promised I'd own it (if I could afford it...) - I think it looks great.
Actually, there's really only a handful of rear suspension designs, and endless variations of those.
The issue is every lame arse new 'revolution' gets hyped by marketing departments to make them appear valid. I'm all for innovation. That thing needs burning.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Strange...I thought I posted a few similar and antiquated frame designs in here a while ago. Now they aren't here.

Haakon

So no one else likes it...? Geez, I knew roadies were a conservative bunch - I figured there would be some love for something different around here.

If I could justify the spend for early adopters ($2K premium they reckon...) and it does what it says on the box, I'd have one for sure.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I like the rear end of that bike more than the forks. Linkage forks just look too complex for what they are to me.

I can imagine the hours of fun to be had trying to find where that creak or squeak comes from when it starts to get some real use.

Well done for posting it though Haakon. We should keep an open mind.

If the bike industry wants to impress me then make a lightweight reasonably priced internal shifting rear hub. They can start there.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk