Stumpjumper FSR S-Works - Coiled Goodness

Z

Zaf

Awesome write up Zaf. I want one now :)
I love the detail in the write up. Nice work mate. Keep it coming :)
Haha cheers lads!

I have been riding her a bit more and tuning her in. I've got a few more higher weight springs coming just to have a fiddle with them, the bike has amazing traction with the current setup, but is running on the softer side of what I'd like; a feature that only really showed itself for the first time the other day when I hit a drop line the other day and give her a good smack on the bottom out bumper (not vicious, but I hit the end and knew about it). It's actually a good testing drop, it's not huge, probably a little over a 1.5m from top to bottom, but with a flat landing that usually lets you know if you're running enough ramp up. Not actually a huge problem for out here, but one of the first things I noted with this bike last time I took it out of Alice was I was quickly adding spring pressure to keep things under control.

The Cane Creek is currently set to the following settings:
HSC: 2.25
LSC:12
HSR:1.5
LSR:14

For those not looking back, that's a half turn reduction in High Speed Compression and 4 clicks less Low Speed Rebound, with the other settings staying the same. This has given some of the pop back to the bike, I actually cleared a tranny that I had been coming up short on for a little while now right after making these changes.

The bike has a real time warp effect. I have been riding the Honzo a bit more over the past two weeks, and the dropper on that is currently broken and off getting replaced under warranty, so is admittedly a little bit more sketchy to mess around on. WHen hopping on the Stumpy after several back to back Honzo rides it felt like it was going slowly through almost everything, but ride stats seemed to thing otherwise. And it does have that surefooted feeling that inspires confidence, the bike just seems to give you ALL the time in the world to react to things.

Lastly, my DHRII on the rear is practically bald, but hasn't slashed out or punctured yet, so I'm seeing how far I can get it to go before changing it. 3C compounds really don't last long on the rear...they're great fun while they do though.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
Hey Zaf ,

What's the biggest water bottle you can fit in there with the DB Coil? It looks like about 600 ml.

Thanks.