Stumpjumper vs Rush

Ben-ya-min

Likes Dirt
Hey fellow rotorburners.
I am not sure which bike to get. Both bikes weigh around 12.5 kg, the rush is a med frame and the stump jumper a small. A small is probably better as i am only 14 and about 178cm tall.(My bad: only 165cm)

here are the links for them

Stumpjumper
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?193528-2007-Specialized-Stumpjumper-FSR-Comp-Small

Rush
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...ush-1500-ono&p=2098350&highlight=#post2098350

please help out a very stuck rotorburner:confused:;)

Last edited:

beardi

Likes Dirt
Hey there,
If you're 178cm then a small will be errr, too small. I'm 174 and have been happy on a medium from most manufacturers. The fact that you're 14 says that you're still growing too, so that's another reason to go up in size.
The cannondale looks to be in good condition and a single pivot is going to be less work and money to maintain.
Good luck
Chris

golden path

Banned
Agree with beardi. At 14 and 178cm you will be too big for the Spec.

I have a Rush and they are a great pedalling bike, single pivot with large and easily obtained bearings makes them easy to look after.

The Rush is still made for some markets, though for 2010 not the Aussie market.

I bet Specialized don't even offer spares for a 2007 bike any more - linkages etc.

Ben-ya-min

Likes Dirt
thanks guys i will have to weigh it all up.
thanks again:cool:

ALSO: MY BAD I POPED OUT A HEIGHT THAT SOUNDED ABOUT RITE, BUT IT WAS WAY OFF.
I AM ONLY 165CM TALL.
That would explain why i think a small is probably the best at the moment. My current bike the Norco in the pic is a small and find it about rite at the momment.
Although as you guys have already said i am still growing.
So i am not sure now. I will have to go to the LBS and have a ride of a medium sized frame to see if it is worth having it big now to have it just rite later.

Last edited:

golden path

Banned
I'm a shorty mate, about the same as you, maybe 168 tops.

My Rush is a medium, with a 100mm stem. It is a whisker long, not uncomfortable but "racy." If I had my druthers I'd put a 90mm stem on it, but given it has a Lefty and the stems are very expensive I won't bother.

The one you are looking at has a regular fork so you can change stems to your heart's content.

Standover won't be an issue on the Rush, mine has more standover than my 15.5" hardtail.

The only mildly annoying thing with the Rush is the low bottom bracket height, which means you occasionally whack your pedals or crank ends on rocks.

But other duallies suffer from this too.

slowK

Likes Dirt
I'm the one selling the Stumpy and it'll be right for you now but too small for you as you grow.

I'd love to sell you my bike, but I reckon you'd be better off for a longer period of time with a bigger frame.

sea monkey

Likes Bikes
Id go with the stumpjumper, It looks like its in better condition judging from the photos and Its newer than the cannondale
for that 100$ more id get the specialized.