Summitfever sorted. Cheers.

moorey

call me Mia
Derailleur has snapped right off. He’s limping to mt beauty, but shop is closed. Will be there around lunch.
Someone will surely have a contact there?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Derailleur has snapped right off. He’s limping to mt beauty, but shop is closed. Will be there around lunch.
Someone will surely have a contact there?
Just gave mount beauty bikes a call and went to message bank. Will try them again soon hopefully they can help out. I'll text Georg the number (0410103254) but if he calls you can give it to him. Not sure if they are a store and no address and only a mobile number but worth a try.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
You guys are legends (and so is Brian) for helping me get my derailleur issue sorted. We're on a 10 day ride from Canberra to Melbourne via the high country.

A stick managed to bend the b bracket on my rear derraileur just up from Cowombat Flats. Bent it back into shape using a national parks sign as a vice. Cracked it half through in the process. This gave me all my gears back but I knew it would eventually crack the whole way through.

Broke off just as we started the climb to Falls Creek just out of Anglers Reach. I then ditched the broken b bracket and jerry rigged the derailleur directly off the hanger. This gave me 3 gears back in the middle of the cassette. On the big cogs the top pulley would foul on the cassette and in the lower gears the derailleur cable arm would foul the cassette. Was not a fun setup for a dau with several thoisand meters of climbing and a fully laden bike. Was better than walking.

Long story short but we managed to roll into Mount Beauty just after lunch and fitted a new RD. All is now good.

Big thanks to @moorey and @Litenbror for getting this sorted while I hustled up the mountains.

Tomorrow we'll be setting off out of Harrietville for 3 days in the wilderness and we're still on schedule thanks to Brian and you guys.

moorey

call me Mia
Awesome work man, and most helpful.
There’s a chick Rachel from Team Mt Beauty that was also really helpful. I’ll see her at the Enduro on the weekend and shout her a beer.
All the best man.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
We're doing our own version of the Hunt 1000. Sort of following the 2017 route but with some slight variations. We've also thrown in some fun bits like the new single track from Jindy to Thredbo and the Falls Creek Flow Trail. It's been an epic so far. We've completed day 8 and hope to be in Melbourne on Saturday.

And yes, we've been taking probably too many photos.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Quick update. Today all 12 of us that started in Canberra 10 days ago rolled into Melbourne. Was a fantastic trip with lots of adventure and challenges along the way. Met some fantastic people too. Won't have all the stats until I'm back home in front of the computer but was over 1000km and 22000m of climbing. Pretty amazing way to see the high country with a great bunch of guys from the 2602.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Quick update. Today all 12 of us that started in Canberra 10 days ago rolled into Melbourne. Was a fantastic trip with lots of adventure and challenges along the way. Met some fantastic people too. Won't have all the stats until I'm back home in front of the computer but was over 1000km and 22000m of climbing. Pretty amazing way to see the high country with a great bunch of guys from the 2602.
Awesome trek guys glad everyone made it can't think of a better way to see the country. See you all at Tilly's next Thursday;) Or maybe a quick blast and then the OCI.

2602 is no longer just the fastest post code in the county it's now the hardest.