Sunglasses (8-)

HerdingCats

Likes Dirt
+1 Serfas Mirador

Apologies: a bit of a grave dig, but I got value from this thread, so I thought I should contribute.

I set out a few months ago to pick up new sunnies. I wanted to limit spend to under $100, get a mix of lenses and a good fit. After the usual phaffing, I settled on Serfas Miradors.

There's lots to like about the glasses: apart from meeting the criteria I set, the frames are big enough so they don't appear in the periphery. As a result, great all round vision. Also, the glasses and associated kit are well made, with some nice features (eg the lens bag velcros into the case).

I picked them up at the LBS.

Nice.

ozimad

Likes Dirt
Only the Best

Jawbone for when on the trail

Radar when on the Road

Nano when working

Just love the Oakley.. Im sure you have figured that

Last edited:

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Got some Radars for Christmas last year and couldnt be happier. Went through various pairs of cheap brands, all annoyed me for whatever reason, not comfortable, fogging up etc.

Recommended: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18581

Actually slight downside to the white chrome colour, the finish seems to cheap a little (the white flaking off) around the nose due to lens changes id think.

Propagate

Likes Dirt
I really wanted some oakleys but can't get any in the strength I need, so got some Rudy projects. Not as trendy as the oaks but still look great and at least I can see now!

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks for the replies, I ended up going for Endura Spectrum glasses from EvansCycles.

$20 each, ended up ordering 4 (different lens/glasses options smoke, blue, mirror) so I could get free delivery. See how they go.

----
The Endura Spectrum Glasses offer excellent value eye protection with anti-fog lenses and stylish looks.

Lenses:High definition, low distortion polycarbonate lenses with anti-fog finish and UV Filtration standard EN 1836

Frame:Ergonomic wrap-around style for improved wind protection

Case:Supplied complete with hard case and soft wipe microfiber carry pouch

Extra Features:Light-weight, flexible tips and soft-touch vented nose-bridge for maximum comfort, fit and grip

just an update on these glasses, in a word 'no good', why? Well picture doesn't show it but the little nose protectors for bridge of nose are just 'push on'. So what happens when you stop to clean your glasses, the push on things fall off and you spend time looking for something very small in dirt, that's just after I crushed them and swore to never use them again.

PepsiMax

Likes Bikes
I have Oakley Jawbones Polarised, also got the orange tint & vented red lenses

pretty sexy since they are black always wear em riding

looking at getting a black oakley radar pair as my mate got a pair and daaaimmm they are nice!

fergo

Likes Dirt
Oakley Flak Jacket

I got Oakley Flak Jacket prescription lenses. The frames were custom designed on the oakley website. It costs $250 AUD on the aus website and $160 USD on the US one. I had them mailed to a mate in the US and he is sending them over. One set of lenses is polarised with Black iridium coating for driving and outside and the other is clear/transitions for work and riding and general use. I had to get two sets as transitions dont work in the car (they need UV light to activate and automotive glass is UV filtering.) Total cost was the same as one set of Rudy Project lenses and frames.

The transition lense makers stuffed up and made a pair with the right prescription but no transition! I go to keep them as well. (now I have 3 sets of lenses. polarised sunnies, transition and clear ALL in my optical prescription! :D

Initial thoughts are awesome but havent really had a chance to get offroad with them. If you are custom designing the frames, dont choose metallic red icon as it is too dark and not very red at all compared to the colours on the website. :mad:

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Oakley Flak jackets for me in the bright conditions. I reckon I got the bargain of the century for them -> USD$60 courtsey of SAC 18 months ago. I should have bought 3 pairs!

I hate changing lenses so have a cheap pair of Brikos for those overcast days. Got them for $30 a few years ago. I am actually really impressed with them - they are still going strong and fit my face nicely. I am just b*mmed that Briko don't seem to make the model I have anymore