Sunrace 11-50 11speed cassette for Sram

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, just wondering if a Sunrace 11-50 11 speed will work with a standard gx rear mech? Are there any better 11 speed options?

thanks
CC

ktastrphe

Likes Dirt
From memory, you can't adjust the b screw enough with sram derailleurs. Only shimano will allow you to run up to 50t on 11s

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Anyone purchased Sunrace via Cyclingdeal??

Thinking about going MX8 to replace my worn XT cassette... and at $89 seems a good deal https://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/sunrace-mx8-11-speed-cassette-11-46t/CSMX8-1146

I've had someone indicate there's good and bad versions of the Sunrace stuff.... i can't see that being the case....just thought i'd ask around. SLX is always the other reasonable option.

And for what it's worth - they also have the 11-50 in silver for $89 https://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/sunrace-mx80-shimano-11-speed-bicycle-cassette-11/CSMX80-1150 (just have to use the drop down and goes to $89)

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Yep, I've got an 11-46 on one bike, and an 11-50 on another both from Cycling Deal. No issues whatsoever with both, and longevity wise I think they're better than an XT.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Used the 11-46 sunrace on a couple of bikes recently. Really good for the coin. Thinking about actually going back to 11 speed because 12 speed sram cassettes are so ridiculously pricey (and shithouse).

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Thanks rangersac and oliosky.... i have even considered going back to 11-42T......... i've ordered the 11-46T in black (faster). See how we go, at $89 seems like a bargain especially compared to other websites........

The 11-50T could have been an option, especially at $89 as well, but i've already bought a 32T new chainring and that would just be too easy (such a thing?).... but had i gone 34T i might have given it whirl.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks rangersac and oliosky.... i have even considered going back to 11-42T......... i've ordered the 11-46T in black (faster). See how we go, at $89 seems like a bargain especially compared to other websites........

The 11-50T could have been an option, especially at $89 as well, but i've already bought a 32T new chainring and that would just be too easy (such a thing?).... but had i gone 34T i might have given it whirl.
Good call i reckon. IMO the shifting sacrifice you have to make to get a 50T with the cheaper cassettes isnt worth it. 32x46 will get you up most places!

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
I think they have both all-steel or steel/alloy options (maybe MX vs CX... perhaps just made that bit up) with corresponding weight difference, so maybe that’s what you’d heard about re good/bad options?? I got the 11-46 from cyclingdeal, I’ve been impressed by how slick the shifting has been (and this was coming off an XT).

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I think they have both all-steel or steel/alloy options (maybe MX vs CX... perhaps just made that bit up) with corresponding weight difference, so maybe that’s what you’d heard about re good/bad options?? I got the 11-46 from cyclingdeal, I’ve been impressed by how slick the shifting has been (and this was coming off an XT).
Ya i believe MS is all steel and MX is alloy for the big rings......... so the MX8 (11-46) and MX80 (11-50) should be good to go at $89.... glad to hear you're happy as mine's on the way...... with new RF narrow wide, new chain, and XT derailleur. Been a couple years since new cassette so think it was well overdue