Sunrace Cassettes

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has been using these for a while and how its held up?
There's quite a bit of info on how they are just after they're installed but I'm more curious about med-long term.

In particular the 11-46t 11 speed cassette.

I'm tossing up between this and the 11-42t XT.
Will be using an XT mech, XTR shifter, XT chain and Raceface NW 32t chainring.

Cheers.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has been using these for a while and how its held up?
There's quite a bit of info on how they are just after they're installed but I'm more curious about med-long term.

In particular the 11-46t 11 speed cassette.

I'm tossing up between this and the 11-42t XT.
Will be using an XT mech, XTR shifter, XT chain and Raceface NW 32t chainring.

Cheers.
Send a pm to mittagongben - he's running one on his current steed and seems to dig it.

Ideate

I just put one on and it feels as good as anything from Shimano. I can't comment on longevity though.. but I'm guessing it's going to be similar to any Shimano cassette I've had (XT, SLX etc)..

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
ive been using the 10spd 11-40 for a while, no probs, its the xt shifter & derailleur I have problems with -seem to adjust it 5x more often than sram

Reactions: cE

notime

Likes Dirt
I've had the 11/40 sunrace on my CX bike for thousands of k's. Still looks like new, very impressed.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned about longevity or quality of the larger ones.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I just put one on and it feels as good as anything from Shimano. I can't comment on longevity though.. but I'm guessing it's going to be similar to any Shimano cassette I've had (XT, SLX etc)..
Ah sweet. Was this the 11-46t one?

Some places I read that a goatlink is recommended when going above 42t and others have no issues with it on the stock XT rear mech setup.
Wolftooth lists % gains when using the Goatlink but it means nothing to me as I don't know enough to understand it to say whether it's real or marketing voodoo.

Ideate

No the goat link does help. I'm still using one from the days of the 42t extender cogs.

Although I'm using a 40t sunrace cassette to keep my shifting nice and crisp. I still use a 22t up front (no derailleur though, just use my hand).. So I don't need a ridiculously big cassette on the back.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
ive been using the 10spd 11-40 for a while, no probs, its the xt shifter & derailleur I have problems with -seem to adjust it 5x more often than sram
I'm running 10sp too with an 11-42 sunrace. I've fitted an 11sp M8000 rear derailleur and it shifts sweet throughout the whole range.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Ended up getting a sunrace 11-46t from cyclingdeal ebay ($85) as currently there a $20 off $100 deal.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Ive been running the 10speed Al. 11-42 Sunrace cassette for around 8months now and its been sweet. I still use the original XT 10 speed derailleur, with the Goat Link. Works perfectly tho ive just flipped the bottom bracket spacer from the drive side to the other side to bring the chainline in 2-2.5mm closer to centre and so far it seems even better (M785 XT cranks running 1x). Chain doesnt drop down the gears at all when back pedalling, even on the 42.

I dont think its of the same quality std as an XT cassette but for the money its good value and again while i think the teeth arent as 'clean' and its showing more wear then passed high quality shimano cassettes ive had it still works like new.

Travis.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have put 4 on my Mrs and my bikes. Have had 2 11-42 running 1x10 for over 6 months with no issues. I can't compare to an xt wide range but when they cop a bit of mud and sand the bigger cogs are as noisy as f^ck under load.

Sunrace mx3 ,11-42 with alloy 42t.
Done 806km and it's still looking good. I use a Zee short cage for shifting and this gives less than ideal chain wrap which accelerates wear especially on the smaller cogs. 806km and still looks like new

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
bike discount has sunrace cassettes pretty cheap, 10spd - 33.5 euro and 11spd 41 euro, worth the delivery costs if you get a few.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Sunrace mx3 ,11-42 with alloy 42t.
Done 806km and it's still looking good. I use a Zee short cage for shifting and this gives less than ideal chain wrap which accelerates wear especially on the smaller cogs. 806km and still looks like new
Nice, I was actually wondering how the short cage would go with one of these! Might invest in another 40t sunrace for the tracer which has a short zee rd...

I've got a 40 with a mid cage xt on my spider, works flawlessly with just a longer b screw. I've also got a 42t on my wife's spider with long cage xt and that has some shifting issues but I think it's related to the derailleur rather than the cassette because I had the cassette on my spider for a little bit and it was fine.

Probably somewhere around 1000km on the 40t and its just a little dirty looking, the 42 did a couple of hundred and the black paint is starting to wear off - I think the unpainted one is the go

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Gripo

Eats Squid
e13 TRs cassettes

Can I just jump in here as the search engine doesn't bring anything up on the e13 11spd 9-46t TRs cassettes....or its other variants...

Any personal or 2nd person experiences?

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ran the 10 speed 42t Sunrace Cassette on my previous bike with Sram XO and had no issues whatsoever.

Was going to go with the Sunrace 11 speed 11-46 on my new bike, but elected to go with the Box Components Two 11-46 Cassette instead. Haven't built it up yet so can't give a ride report, but initial impression is that it looks and feels to be slightly higher quality than the Sunrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk