Sunshine Coast Riders

So I've not long made the shift back up to the motherland after a 15yr stint in Melbourne & am hoping this might be a good opportunity to kick start what is a largely dead Qld section on RB.

Obviously there's a shed-tonne of riders local to the Bris area using the 'Yup boys' thread, but the question I have is, where the heck are all you Sunny Coast riders hiding at in here?

Hoping to connect with a few other like-minded riders in Sunshine Coast area. Likewise it'd be cool to have a little place where folks can keep everyone up to date on the track conditions of the various MTB parks & trails in the area, or to tee up rides.

Drop in your contributions, recommendations & trail updates!

Last edited:
Cheers Minlak. Yep, am familiar with the group as it's one of several in the area that I've 'liked' on the old Facebook in order to see what's happening in the region.

Cheers Flow. Have just requested to join- hopefully my shaved noggin in the profile pic is sufficient enough to not be interpreted as me being from any authorities etc!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cheers Flow. Have just requested to join- hopefully my shaved noggin in the profile pic is sufficient enough to not be interpreted as me being from any authorities etc!
Pretty sure you will be right, I know 2 of the 3 admins and one is on here quite often. The third dude is ex-military, I think he would appreciate the shaved head. I don't ride up the north coast much but the Bushrangers have the biggest pull from what I have been told.

These guys get around a bit might be worth chatting to them as well they are always keen for riding they are part of the our wide bay tri series

http://www.gympiemtb.club/
Yep, am onto them too. Have got a place 15min south east of Gymp so it's what I'd call my nearest 'local' & have been out for a couple of blats at Victory Heights. Handy little network of trails. Am looking forward to one of the Garapine ride days as I hear (& see going by the abundance of clips on YT) that they've got a pretty rad thing going on out there- super cool that it's actually just down the road from my new place.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Yep, am onto them too. Have got a place 15min south east of Gymp so it's what I'd call my nearest 'local' & have been out for a couple of blats at Victory Heights. Handy little network of trails. Am looking forward to one of the Garapine ride days as I hear (& see going by the abundance of clips on YT) that they've got a pretty rad thing going on out there- super cool that it's actually just down the road from my new place.
Come and ride the 3rd and final round of the Tri Series at Garapinew this year

https://www.facebook.com/WideBayMTB/?fref=nf

Is this the XC race in Gymp on the Aug 21st? Am scrolling through the FB page & can't find details on the Garapine round of the Tri Series...

Last edited: