Surfing...

chillbro

Likes Dirt
Surfing....

Just about the most fun you can have. Sitting out the back with your best mates waiting for the perfect wave.

Your thoughts, stories, experiences, photos?

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Surfing....

Just about the most fun you can have. Sitting out the back with your best mates waiting for the perfect wave.

Your thoughts, stories, experiences, photos?
Good idea for a thread, has probably been done but i've never seen it.

I prefer bodyboarding, but i like to be in the water so thats my attraction to the surfing scene. Little bit put off by deep water too....

norco01

Likes Dirt
I practically live in the water. 8 months out of the year im down the coast on the weekend for lifesaving, I surf, bodyboard and just got my diving license.Stoked.

Few bad times in the water though. In january i got run over by a surf boat( the one they use oars to row with, the lifesaving ones) while i was doing board training. That was interesting.

Seen a few sharks here and there, dolphins,turtles rays. All cool stuff.

I love the ocean.

chillbro

Likes Dirt
Lid eh?

Bodyboarding, surfing, stand up paddlers and goat boats, its all the same. As long as people are having fun in the water and respect the ocean, it's awesome.

Here is a picture from two years ago. It's a small day at Creacent head point.

Attachments

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love a good surf. Practically haven't been in the water all this year :eek::eek: Pretty weak on my behalf considering the beach is 2mins walk.

I DK/Prone/Stand-up. Great fun. Really need to get back into the water.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
A great place to get away and think. I recently burried my grandfather, the morning of the funeral, I was able to get out in the waves with my cousin (he's on here) and get some fun waves. It was the 1st time I got to surf with him, and the 1st time I had seen him in years. And to get our minds off a trying day, was a pretty good way to start out.
I good memory, one I will cherish.

What I hate about surfing, is the greedy nature of surfers, every wave is these type thing. Share motherf@#kersShare!

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I DK/Prone/Stand-up. Great fun. Really need to get back into the water.
+ knee board. Really good fun. Take the old mans board out every now and then. It's cool as. It's got Friar Tuck on the bottom holding his nuts whilst giving the forks.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Don't do it very often, went surfin a couple of years ago (shit its been about 5) with a proper lesson through a primary school excursion and loved it (wasn't too shabby either for a beginner), forgot how to do it so body boardings just as good :) . Hoping to go a lot more this summer, should be able to as well since i need 120+ hours of driving.

bunya djer n dher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When im not riding im bodyboarding, so gooooooood.

Here is a pic from about 2 months ago, crappy disposable waterproof camera. Was a 4ft day with the odd bigger set.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ love a good shorey.
Boards are: NMD Player 06 I think, before they went ghey. ~5'9" swallow tail fish, orange!. Mini-Mal, forget length. Mal ~9'.

Shred on the knee as much as I do prone. Whether I stand up or lay down really depends on what the surf is doing. If it's shit or small I'll take out the stand up. Boogler if it's big and/or barrelling. Can't waste descent barrels on a stand up. Being vers. really helps when surfing conditions vary. If it's heavy or too steep for the knee I'll go prone.

Last edited:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
until a year ago i thought surfing was stupid. that all changed when i went to waikiki in hawaii. i paid $7 to have a longborad for an hour and gave surfing a shot. i loved it. haven't done it since though. but on Saturday...i'm returning to hawaii, and i'm sure i will give surfing another crack!

got to love hawaii.

MOXAB

Likes Dirt
Love surfing, it's so much fun, can spend hours in the water with mates> Longest I can remember was probably about 6 hours two years ago (yeah, 6 hours surfing in one day, couldn't stand up by the end of it) Anyway I'm looking forward to the holidays cos I get to got to a beachhouse for a week with my cousins. It's about 20m away from the beach so i can surf whenever i want. I haven't surfed in about 18 months (to busy riding for the last half) but can't wait to get out there again. :D

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Surfing is a great thing! takes over riding in the hot summer :). Soooo many stories! I shall let them out slowly in this thread, for now I have a couple of pics:

Random!! :D

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Before I was riding I was right into bodyboarding, still love gettin' wet every once in a while, but shit myself when the surf get's big and heavy (bad experience, put me off for yonks, still freaked..). Can get pretty stoked on 6ft with heaps light waves, but.. Do love a good 3ft day on an empty north coast beach with off shore winds.. Aah memories.

Last edited:

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
What I hate about surfing, is the greedy nature of surfers, every wave is these type thing. Share motherf@#kersShare!

i hear you there.. thats my main hate.

and surf rage when your paddling out, and your tryin to get out the way of some one, but you have no iea where they are going as they are turning all over the place.. . they dont even hit you, but when you see them in the line up they abuse you for getting in the way and ruining their wave.. generaly the same person/s as the greedy ones.

come summer time ill surf a fair bit, local windswell, and ill head down the caost maybe once a week.

come winter i rarly do think ive been once since april.

Binaural

Eats Squid
I don't surf with a board, prefer just to catch waves the natural way. Anyway, I was visiting Coffs and was out really , really early, nobody else on the beach. I'm floating out the back looking over my shoulder at a likely wave rising up behind me (the sun was behind it, just over the horizon) I see this huge, black shape in it, with that characteric vertical fin on the back ..... my heart froze. It swam right at me and then passed a couple of meters away from me, and as it passed (and I sort of fell into the wave)... I saw that it had a horizontal fin. So, I caught a wave with a dolphin, but it still took me half an hour to stop shaking!

picknick1992

Cannon Fodder
wat a sihk thread
yea bois surfing is my life. i was born in a small surf town in sydney, so i grew up on a beach. i learnt how to surf when i was about 7 and havnt ever lost that feeling from my first wave. i have just gotten back from a surfing camp that was so awsum. few interesting stories was surfing out on a peak off the rocks once. was droppin in on a 6-7 foot face, and out of no where a chick pops out of the water an i ran straight into her. i fell off, and managed to grab hold of her an help her to the rocks. id gone straight into her chest. i took her to the hospital an she had a cracked rib. she apologised non stop it was noones fault just happens.

lookinf forward to more input fellas