Suspension oils and additives (servicing time)

Flow-Rider

Burner
I went to service my Fox Float X aircan and couldn't get hold of a large bottle of the Fox Float fluid for a reasonable price and those 5cc pillow packs are sold for a ridiculous amount by the time you include shipping. Previous to this because I was playing around with changing air volume spacers, I used Penrite limited slip diff oil with no dire consequences, dismantled the shock 2 years later (about 1000kms on this bike) and still looks very healthy.

This time I thought I would try out the Maxima assembly fluid from the Moto shop. They claim it has multiple uses and benefits for suspension applications. First application didn't go so well, done everything the same as I would have the many times before and got a minor squeak from the seals, dismantled the shock again and everything looked fine, reapplied some more, assembled the shock back on the bike and the squeak has gone away. The shock feels plush and I can't feel much stiction, wondering whether I should have mixed some normal oil in with it because the product looks a bit tacky out of the bottle, but the 5cc required in the aircan isn't a lot to start with. Anyone else here tried this product or an alternative product to the Fox Float Fluid?

https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/gu...sembly-Lube,16236#product-reviews/2189/expand

Flow-Rider

Burner
Datasheet states the maxima assembly lube is 376 cst@40. Too thick, add oil to thin it out would be a wise move
Thanks Link, it's definitely thick. NSD pack grease and oil in a lot of their shocks rebuilds, it comes out of the rear seal for months. I haven't really noticed a lot of stiction just riding around the yard with the Maxima.