Swap my monster for yours

safreek

ITEM: early monster wanted, 170mm
PRICE: swapfor my 04 05 monster
CONDS: looking to swap my 200mm travel monster for the 170mm version from an earlier era, as it turns out 200mm is a bit much for a xc fork, looking to go short travel
PHOTO: will do soon

safreek

Slippery slope mate, you’ll be on a 27.5 anthem shortly
well at least if I do swing that way it's only hot pants, if I went 29r it means miniskirt in a seedy toilet block.
But in all honesty I want to only lose about an inch of travel

safreek

Just wait until he starts trying to the get the single crown shivers...
I would love a set of sc shivvvvers, but that's when I pull lotto, I still love my macho fork but after a bit of a spill cause I couldn't get a foot down I just need to drop the bb a bit.
Or a dropper, hmmm

safreek

What’s a triple clamp fork and what’s a dual clamp?
To me things like boxxers and the like are dual clamp because they have a one piece lower so only the crowns bolt on, dual clamp. the monster needs the arch bolted to the lowers to hold them together, the two crowns bolt and the arch as well make three. Fork would spread quicker than than a hot ho without this said clamping.
Just my thoughts on the subject, if anyone disagrees well they are wrong. Can't remember the last time I was wrong :confused:

moorey

call me Mia
My old Judy XC clamped on stanchions and crown...does that make them triple clamp forks?
I think we just need to stick with single crown and dual crown.

I don’t like to nitpick.