Sweaty head, sweat on glasses

fletchog

Likes Dirt
I sweat proffusely from my head and it drips onto the inside of my glasses which makes it difficult to see at times.

What do other head sweaters use?

I'm wearing a Specialized prevail helmet so ventilation shouldn't be an issue?

cressa

Likes Dirt
I too am a heavy head sweater. I got a halo head band that does a pretty good job and is nicely hidden under your helmet.

fletchog

Likes Dirt
I too am a heavy head sweater. I got a halo head band that does a pretty good job and is nicely hidden under your helmet.

I have a Halo and it worked ok when i first got it. Did not cope today at the You yangs. Have to admit it is not as tight as it was so the silocone strip or whatever it is may not be tight enough aganst my forrid.

Thanks clockworked will check it out

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Went to local manchester store, bought some material, cut a long strip that folds over 4 times (material that a lot of cheap t-shirts are often made with) and tie it around my head like a bandanna. When I'm riding on the road and listening to a lecture on the earphones I pull it down over my ears as well to muffle the wind-rush sound.

I look like a tool, it works well, cos me $3.

Last edited:

redbruce

Eats Squid
I sweat proffusely from my head and it drips onto the inside of my glasses which makes it difficult to see at times.

What do other head sweaters use?

I'm wearing a Specialized prevail helmet so ventilation shouldn't be an issue?
I use Buff coolmax technical headwear (over last 3 years).

http://www.mybuff.com.au/

Fabulous. Keeps me cool in summer (you can even start with it damp for extra cooling) and warm in winter.

Most importantly no drops of sweat on my glasses to date.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
I don't use them but have seen a bandana type item that is specifically cut to fit the head, it is made of jersey fabric and ties up at the rear, sort of what you see pirates in movies wearing or what Marco Pantani wearing (hence him being the Pirate). Not sure what the proper name is sorry.

When I was overseas all the older (wise) blokes that sweated heavily swore by them. Approx $20.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I use a Halo headband, it helps but not eliminates the issue.
My piece of fabric for $3 has allowed only one single drop of sweat on to my glasses in about 3 years now.

In terms of operation, almost perfect. In terms of value, unbeatable.

I love my ratty piece of fabric, never ride without it.

Ivan

Eats Squid
My piece of fabric for $3 has allowed only one single drop of sweat on to my glasses in about 3 years now.

In terms of operation, almost perfect. In terms of value, unbeatable.

I love my ratty piece of fabric, never ride without it.
Yeah, a lot of guys wear bandanas under their hard hats for the same reason.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I use a Buff like fabric object...I got a couple with dhb branding from Wiggle plus another one (Yowie brand) from the bargain bin at a outdoor shoppe. I think Cell Bikes was trying to virtually give some away for a while.

However, they are ridiculously expensive for what they are (especially when they cost less than 50 cents per 500) so you'd be best off using Johnny's approach with poly cotton jersey fabric and some stitching...

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought both Halo and Gutr

I've got a big head and the Halo is really tight

Gutr is adjustable and fits my huge head

Trying it out tonight on the way home from work, will let you know how it goes

scblack

Leucocholic
Went to local manchester store, bought some material, cut a long strip that folds over 4 times (material that a lot of cheap t-shirts are often made with) and tie it around my head like a bandanna. When I'm riding on the road and listening to a lecture on the earphones I pull it down over my ears as well to muffle the wind-rush sound.

I look like a tool, it works well, cos me $3.
Yow, that sounds dangerous! - do you really listen to headphones while riding on the road? That's a no-no for me.

PS I have seen you ride - I didn't think you would be fast enough to have any wind-rush noise..........:behindsofa:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I solve the problem by riding so fast that my sweat just streams off behind me like the tail on a comet.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
hipster cotton cap has solved my problem. change it every ride. the little peak is good in rain too... i run catlike lid.

GUTRGuy

Cannon Fodder
25% Off Discount Code for Sweat GUTR

I got one of these and it works really well. I would guess it reduces sweat on my glasses by about 80-90%. It lasted about 3 or 4 years of heavy use, so I bought another.
Thank you for being a loyal Sweat GUTR sweatband customer and helping us spread the word about our product in Australia, Feel free to use this 25% off discount code and share it with your friends. Go to www.sweatgutr.com and use promo code: "GUTR25" with your purchase.