Sweaty head, sweat on glasses

Gossamer

Squid
Thank you for being a loyal Sweat GUTR sweatband customer and helping us spread the word about our product in Australia, Feel free to use this 25% off discount code and share it with your friends. Go to www.sweatgutr.com and use promo code: "GUTR25" with your purchase.
Dammit just ordered one before i scrolled to the last post :mmph:

Specialized29er

Likes Bikes
We just use a tennis type sweat band, its no fashion statement but they do work really well, also pop one in the jersey for at the 1/2 way mark.

Richard Devey

Likes Bikes
Yep plus one for the tennis type so thin and works a treat you can get under armour ones in a 10 pack for buggar all at smart all sports I'm bald and sweat rolls off my melon this has stopped everything running in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got the Halo headband. Cost a bit but works really well for me. I also found this neat little band off Ebay that's soft plastic with a gutter in it. It fits over the head and under the helmet and guides any sweat either side of your eyes. Works very well and I prefer it to the Halo when it's really hot as this doesn't cover your head with an extra layer. It also never gets stinky and sodden as it's plastic not fabric.

Worth taking a look...

adding link. looks a lot like this GUTR one but costs about $10.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&...dMjlD3503XDOVrI-uzJxm7dA&ust=1486694912330851

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
Yep plus one for the tennis type so thin and works a treat you can get under armour ones in a 10 pack for buggar all at smart all sports I'm bald and sweat rolls off my melon this has stopped everything running in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a small 15 months to reply haha!
On this note though, I recently bought a Bell super 2R and it's the WORST helmet I've ever had for sweat streaming straight down into my eyes. To the point where i'm rubbing the skin off my face using my gloves to wipe it away all the time as I'm not organised enough to shove a bandana in my pocket.. I recently took the little silicone strip out of the front of my bluegrass helmet and retro fitted it inside the Bell for a trial run, problem eliminated. So now looking for a proper option. I don't think I have room for a headband option, anyone got any info on silicone strips available that can be velcroed to the inside of your lid?

I use a Halo. I started using them at work underneath my hard hat. I tried various sweat bands but found they made my head hotter resulting in more sweat - which type of defeated the purpose.

I wear a Bell Sweep R.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
I find this problem with some helmets but not so much others. The latest helmet I bought is a bastard for it. I put it down to the interior air channel design and the pad layout. By shifting the pads around and adding some others (doesn't everybody keep those spare pads from other helmets just in case?) I now have a thick band around the bottom which is more or less acting like a sweat band. Basically I was trying to do the same thing as that GUTR and channel the seat away from my eyes and forehead. I'd almost given up and was going to buy a new helmet, or even a new bike!