Sweeeeeeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Yeah, who else is as stoked as me!?

This shit has gotta be the hottest ticket to trail love to come from the big SC in as many years as I can remember!

Looks like Treks' OCLV Fuel EX and the Carbon Ibis Mojo have now got some serious competition, albeit with a little more serious fan base perhaps?

Cannot wait, I'm already saving!

Apparently they were going to wait till Sea Otter to showcase the bike, but with everyone guessing and whatnot it finally got worked out, I guess they figured what the heck, LET HER LOOSE BOYS!!

EDIT - Some guy on MTBR forums somehow (web genius??) found the link that SC weren't showing on their site... www.santacruzbikes.com/blurlt_carbon and it was password protected..that is what gave it all away, then a pic came up, then I flipped out and couldn't sleep last night. I don't think I'll sleep tonight either now I've read that page. "is it tough enough" HELL YES!! <-- HELL YES!!

Last edited:

m0ntague

Likes Dirt
Yeah, that's one nice looking bike.
So smooth and shiny, I'll bet it weighs nothing.
Definitely one to add to the wish list.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Weighs 1 pound or so less than the current LT2, and is only around $US400 more for it, think of other brands..I wont mention any, but then add a few $K for their carbon models and you soon realize how awesome this is.

They said this is the strongest bike they have ever built..this can only be a good thing...

"It's just like the Blur LT that everyone loves. Except it's lighter, stiffer, way stronger, faster, and more responsive, and stronger. Did we already say strong? Yes, but it is worth mentioning again. You could build a lightweight trail flyer out of it, or you could build it to the hilt and never ever have to ask if the frame can handle whatever travel fork you want to put on it, or if there are rider weight limits, or if it is burly enough to handle a 6' drop to flat, or any of those niggling little concerns that people are always asking about with carbon fiber bikes. We've got one catch all answer to any "is it tough enough?" question.

Hell yes."

Could be just marketing, but I think SC as a company probably are up there with the least bullshit approach to selling bikes.

BTW does anyone think that fork on there looks like it could be the next Pike, or the evolved Pike? Me sees power bulges, which from memory the shortest fork they have with those is the Lyric, but it looks shorter than a Lyric, OH GOD I'M IN OVERLOAD HERE!

Attachments

Last edited:

m0ntague

Likes Dirt
It could be a new Pike, but I think its more likely to be a lyrik. The design and shape looks a lot similar.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
The axle to crown height on those forks looks massive, when you look at the bottom of the fork leg to the axle itself.

One hell of a nice bike.

Weighs 1 pound or so less than the current LT2, and is only around $US400 more for it, think of other brands..I wont mention any, but then add a few $K for their carbon models and you soon realize how awesome this is.

They said this is the strongest bike they have ever built..this can only be a good thing...

"It's just like the Blur LT that everyone loves. Except it's lighter, stiffer, way stronger, faster, and more responsive, and stronger. Did we already say strong? Yes, but it is worth mentioning again. You could build a lightweight trail flyer out of it, or you could build it to the hilt and never ever have to ask if the frame can handle whatever travel fork you want to put on it, or if there are rider weight limits, or if it is burly enough to handle a 6' drop to flat, or any of those niggling little concerns that people are always asking about with carbon fiber bikes. We've got one catch all answer to any "is it tough enough?" question.

Hell yes."

Could be just marketing, but I think SC as a company probably are up there with the least bullshit approach to selling bikes.

BTW does anyone think that fork on there looks like it could be the next Pike, or the evolved Pike? Me sees power bulges, which from memory the shortest fork they have with those is the Lyric, but it looks shorter than a Lyric, OH GOD I'M IN OVERLOAD HERE!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Damn that's nice. Yet another bike for the wishlist. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they'll be churning out a few more carbon versions of their other models. Carbon Heckler or Nomad anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.