SX Trail II 08 & 06 Reign

siz

Eats Squid
Well, finally my CRC shit arrived today!
The 08 SX Trail II build..

Frame - Pretty colours with upgrade to DHX5 air
Forks - Rockshox Totem coils (looking for airs as upgrade)
Rims n Hubs - DaBomb,
Running gear - SramX9 with DH Cassette
Tyres - black,
Cranks - Shitmano XT with Saint ring
Footrests - VSIXTY
Chainguide - Pretty colour E13-LG
Stoppers - Code levers with Ultimate calpiers (Toodles old skool!) and alligator buzzsaw rotors (Binner old skool!)
Sitting bit - Funn Camo
Post - Thomson
Stem - Funn
Bars - Funn Fatboy low rise, white n fucking wide!
Grips-Odi/Intense
Weight - You bet your fucking ass it was worth the wait!

The other ride with mods

Frame - 06 Reign with 09 Fox RP23 shock
Fork - Fox Float RLC (Ex Shaneblo)
Wheelset - DT Swiss 445D with XT hubs & rotors
Tyres - Kenda Komodo 2.1
Skewers - Pretty red Ti.
Cranks - Truvative Stylo carbon (Ex Shaneblo)
Pedals - Shitmano
Front deraileur - XTR
Rear Deraileur - X0
Shifters X0
Seat - Funn Camo
Post - Cycle King Carbon (gobo seller)
Stem - Cycle King Carbon 90mm (gobo seller)
Bars - FSA DH Carbon
Brakes - Juicy3
Grips Odi/Intense

This shot is with the road wheelset for when i lock out the front and as best i can! (Stars Speed Carbon looking with bladed spokes for $140 posted off ebay!:D) & Maxxis detonator tyres

Closer...

Last edited:

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
Nice i like them sx trails better than the new ones as for upgrading the totems for air in terms of performance that is a down grade. I would save the money for a double barrel out back, That would be a real upgrade :D

Drew.

Eats Squid
If i where going to get back into MTB, i'd definatly be getting an XS/S one of these, they look fantastic. Great example you have there, too!;)

darsh

Likes Dirt
Did you by chance photograph the sx in my house:confused:
My ex had a thing for blue feature walls

Noice bike btw

siz

Eats Squid
Plus the daily ride

Cheers guys, threw up the Reign also, my daily ride.

Thanks Darsh, your ex says hi!..kidding!:rolleyes:

siz

Eats Squid
Ok, when i say road wheelset, what i mean is its a 26" wheelset with road tyres. I do a lot of road k's and just swap the wheelsets about for trails when needed. Recovering from neck injury, so it was the only way to keep fitness and i wasnt gonna buy a roadie!

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you an interior decorator?

Nice bikes. I like the colour coding.
That is some nice art on your wall. Did you paint it yourself?

siz

Eats Squid
Nice bikes. I like the colour coding.
That is some nice art on your wall. Did you paint it yourself?
yeah (!) .. with a highroller tyre track down the middle!:eek:

Reject brake set? :confused:
Theyre a Toodles reject, i think he bought the ultimates to steal the carbon levers to put with his code calipers. I ended up with these from him a while back. They work well, never had a drama.

Nice sx. How do you like it with the totems? Bet the air shock goes well.
No idea yet, have yet to get onboard! Both front and rear feel great just rolling around the streets, thats about all i can say for now.:eek:

gson

Likes Dirt
Very nice mate.. I had one which i regret selling. Just wondering with the shock upgrade about which way you went in terms of stroke and eye to eye. my sx had a custom leangth of 2.75 stroke so i would either have had to loose a bit of travel and move to a 2.5 " ( and slacken the HA and lower the BB) or go up to the 3".

By the look of the photo its the 2.5???? It would be interesting to know which way you went

cheers

siz

Eats Squid
Good Pick up!

Very nice mate.. I had one which i regret selling. Just wondering with the shock upgrade about which way you went in terms of stroke and eye to eye. my sx had a custom leangth of 2.75 stroke so i would either have had to loose a bit of travel and move to a 2.5 " ( and slacken the HA and lower the BB) or go up to the 3".

By the look of the photo its the 2.5???? It would be interesting to know which way you went

cheers
Went the 2.5", from 222mm-216mm eye to eye i think from memory.
The one thing i will change due to this is the cranks. Running 175mm at the moment and will change to 170mm

where abouts did you pick up the frame if you dont mind me asking? im trying to find one at the moment. There are a few larges and XL's running around, but other than that, hard to find !