Sydney Eastern Suburbs Riders

Jezza K

Likes Dirt
Live in Randwick, nice and close to uni. Ride a gold stinky w/ boxxers. Anyone want to hook up rides anytime nice and close, let me know. Any uni riders keen for some (not so public) campus sessions?
I live in Coogee I'm not a student but don't mind going for a blast through the uni on weekends/evenings when no one is around. If you see me riding a 243 say hello. Also I hit Lake P, Manly Dam and Loftus pretty often. Always keen to hook up with new riders:wave:

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
Live in paddington. I ride most weekends. Mainly out west due to guys from work living there but keen for anywhere really. With daylight savings I'm keen for weeknights now.

JASKE2

Likes Bikes
Used to live in clovelly i ride a trek session, on weekends i would travel out oxy the moo and monavale to ride but during the week i would ride local. Had a couple of sessions at bronte jumps before they were squashed, they have been rebuilt a few times but never anything worth riding. i had a decent dh trail ( small gaps berms and natural rock rollers/ drops) in centenial park but dog walkers complained to the rangers and they flattened it.

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
Used to live in clovelly i ride a trek session, on weekends i would travel out oxy the moo and monavale to ride but during the week i would ride local. Had a couple of sessions at bronte jumps before they were squashed, they have been rebuilt a few times but never anything worth riding. i had a decent dh trail ( small gaps berms and natural rock rollers/ drops) in centenial park but dog walkers complained to the rangers and they flattened it.
I've just started riding the outer fence line trail in centennial and loving it. Saw a few guys on XC bikes doing it on the weekend. Shame the dogwalkers whinged, I was wondering if there was the possibility of adding a few bits to it to make it more interesting. It's all I have access to until I get my new car next month. But its a 2 minute ride from home, and its on the way to work!

Mike95

Likes Dirt
From Maroubra.

Would be nice if they could add a few dedicated bits of single track @ centennial.
Definitely has the space. Unfortunately don't see it happening though.
I have only walked the outside perimeter tracks
but have done countless laps of the road circuit on the roadie.

A few of us do regular night rides on Wednesday night in the RNP. Meet @ loftus oval carpark @ 7pm.
MC cycles also do this ride every 2nd Wednesday night.
Heading out tonight!

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Hey guys.. I live next to centennial and also ride the outside loop to work each day but its actually not allowed (riding off road in centennial is completely banned) and the rangers cop heaps from all the whinging dog walkers. The rangers do look after us and turn a blind eye but still be courteous to the punishes walking the track (as it is a designated off lead dog walking are) and also the rangers! and try not to shove it in their face and go tearing past them off road. They had signs up for a while on all the off road tracks asking people to report MTBers to a given number. They must have realised that was pretty harsh as im sure they dislike the whinging walkers more than us riders.. Pricks!! Anyway, enjoy it but be low key and hopefully we can continue to use it. Its pretty hard for them to be able to include us officially as there are just to many user groups, it would be a nightmare for them.. See you out there! im usually on a white GT or a Black Remedy.. Azz

I've just started riding the outer fence line trail in centennial and loving it. Saw a few guys on XC bikes doing it on the weekend. Shame the dogwalkers whinged, I was wondering if there was the possibility of adding a few bits to it to make it more interesting. It's all I have access to until I get my new car next month. But its a 2 minute ride from home, and its on the way to work!

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
Hey guys.. I live next to centennial and also ride the outside loop to work each day but its actually not allowed (riding off road in centennial is completely banned) and the rangers cop heaps from all the whinging dog walkers. The rangers do look after us and turn a blind eye but still be courteous to the punishes walking the track (as it is a designated off lead dog walking are) and also the rangers! and try not to shove it in their face and go tearing past them off road. They had signs up for a while on all the off road tracks asking people to report MTBers to a given number. They must have realised that was pretty harsh as im sure they dislike the whinging walkers more than us riders.. Pricks!! Anyway, enjoy it but be low key and hopefully we can continue to use it. Its pretty hard for them to be able to include us officially as there are just to many user groups, it would be a nightmare for them.. See you out there! im usually on a white GT or a Black Remedy.. Azz
Didn't know that, thanks. I see the occasional dog walker and always move off the track for them and usually say hello. I ride it in the arvos on the way home. I'm on a 2013 trance 29er.

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
From Maroubra.

Would be nice if they could add a few dedicated bits of single track @ centennial.
Definitely has the space. Unfortunately don't see it happening though.
I have only walked the outside perimeter tracks
but have done countless laps of the road circuit on the roadie.

A few of us do regular night rides on Wednesday night in the RNP. Meet @ loftus oval carpark @ 7pm.
MC cycles also do this ride every 2nd Wednesday night.
Heading out tonight!
I'm keen for this.

Chrispy

Likes Bikes
If enough of us got our act together and approached centennial park, they would eventually have to sanction mtb tracks...there's heaps of city parks in the states that have them

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
If enough of us got our act together and approached centennial park, they would eventually have to sanction mtb tracks...there's heaps of city parks in the states that have them
What do you have in mind for that? Petition, letters, fight club type underground guerilla group? :spy:

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Centennial park lands trust is short of money and struggling to maintain the park as it is.They are currently trying to raise cash for improvements to the park, so it might be worth lobying them for a track but honestly i cant see them ever coming to the party! Never say never though! im happy to try..

What would be a more realistic option is the Malabar headland!! The land there has just been handed over to the NPWS and they had been asking for community consultation on what to do with the area. I think the rifle range will be de-commissioned some time soon and also be part of it.. If a trail network was established around there, which would be good in its self but it could also be linked around malabar and Randwick golf course and link up with LaPerouse NP.. Has the potential to be all time and would be a major draw card for a trail starved area..

Ive started to look into it a few times but i allways end up with more pressing issues to deal with and it just gets pushed aside. Im happy to lend a hand but we really need someone willing to take charge and push hard with it..

Azz

Gralligator

Cannon Fodder
Street riding around Bondi/Bronte?

Anyone around the Bondi/Bronte area keen to meet up for some street riding?

I have just moved to the area and looking for local riders. I'm 35, so only looking for riders +25 years old. I ride an Inspired Fourplay (street more than trials), or a 26 inch hardtail. Looking for anyone who can push my skills (and hopefully I can return the favour).

Keen for weeknights or the occasional weekend ride.

That's all for now folks - it's a sunny day so I'm headed out on the bike. PM me if you want to ride!

Gralligator

Cannon Fodder
Street riding around Bondi/Bronte?

Just back from a good ride... nothing like random compliments from strangers to start the weekend.

I forgot to mention I have ridden BMX and DH before so open to riding no matter what bike you're riding. All styles welcome!