Sydney siege

Bermshot

Banned
With some of the best chocolate in the world, the dude must be hyper by now!

Very strategic.......he'll be able to stay awake all night

I have this weird feeling that this all about Muslim acceptance

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Self radicalised, lowly qualified, known to police already, probably has gone through an event such as a divorce or job loss in recent past.

I'll put 10 internet cool guy points on that being the basic identity of the foo running this shit show.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Apparently the knob wants a flag and a dinner date with Tony..
Around 55% of Australian's would happily approve of this, provided he remains armed and alone.

Event's like these seem to allow every bogan, redneck, racist in this country a voice. Facebook is plastered with such vile hatred and ludicrous comments such as blaming Labour policies through to promoting Nazi style cleansing.

I like most others really hope no harm comes to the hostages and that the event will bring greater understanding not a greater divide.

After all the greatest mass killing in your history happened in Tasmania, by a white Australian. I've never seen anybody show racial or geographical prejudice about that.

Bermshot

Banned
And I also bet he offs himself in the end.

Which will be no great loss.
Nah, he will relinquish and walk out.

Elaboration: The "flag" that has been talked through is nothing more than any other religion in symbolism, we know this.

If he was Hardcore there would have already been blood. If Fed snipers desired? Down at 11.30.
He must come out as a deluded & alive.

Last edited:

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Just sniper the fucker. I mean seriously, if you are in the mindset to do shit like that you dont exactly deserve to hanging around people in prison or not.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
bell.cameron said:
Just sniper the fucker. I mean seriously, if you are in the mindset to do shit like that you dont exactly deserve to hanging around people in prison or not.
There's about a thousand reasons why that's a bit silly to say.

He has a backpack on, is it full of bang and is he holding a pressure release trigger device?
How certain are you that there is definitely only one attacker in the building?
How much intelligence can you get from a dead body as compared to a live body?
How much would would killing him actually support his aims?

Reckon I could keep going for half a page here......

marc.r

Likes Dirt
wouldnt exactly be bad publicity for the islamic state sympathizers... another martyr for the cause.

best outcome is they arrest him and make him look like an self indulgent and cowardly idiot. him getting killed makes him look like he was willing to sacrifice for a greater cause.. which i dont believe he really is given how long this has gone on.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, he doesn't want to die.

I think he is likely a rank amateur, or as some in the field call people like him, a "Kramer".

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seems hes intent on associating with isis but couldnt source a flag?
While they will hold out for as long as it takes them to find a gap to drive a a wedge or for him to go either way, if he makes a negative move the ball will be out of his court on that decision.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Around 55% of Australian's would happily approve of this, provided he remains armed and alone.

Event's like these seem to allow every bogan, redneck, racist in this country a voice. Facebook is plastered with such vile hatred and ludicrous comments such as blaming Labour policies through to promoting Nazi style cleansing.

I like most others really hope no harm comes to the hostages and that the event will bring greater understanding not a greater divide.

After all the greatest mass killing in your history happened in Tasmania, by a white Australian. I've never seen anybody show racial or geographical prejudice about that.
Hence the use of the noun 'knob' it's non racially indicative.

He's most likely Australian born, mum and dad didn't show him any attention, this is his cry for help. IS is just a convenient horse to hitch his wagon load of fruitcake to.

Obviously mentally unstable, the request to speak directly to Fat Tony is all the proof you need of that.

S.

ex offender
I wonder if that could possibly be because Bryant didn't have any ethno-racial, religious or geographical motives....

In order for events like these to be anything BUT divisive - operating on the reasonable assumption that the guy sees himself as acting "on behalf of/in accordance with Islam" in some way - the Islamic community themselves need to publicly distance themselves from these kinds of actions. Arcing up about white prejudice, when in fact it is proto-Islamic prejudice against "infidels" that causes these events in the first place, is simply not reasonable in this case. When Islamic militants declare war on the west and do THEIR best to make it an us-vs-them situation, what do you think the reaction is going to be? Of course people are going to make racial/ethnic/religious generalisations. The only realistic way to prevent/reduce that is for the Australian Islamic community to harshly reject this kind of behaviour, otherwise they will be seen, rightly or wrongly, as being complicit with it.

Alternatively, we could all admit that Islam, along with all other religions, is fundamentally stupid since it's based on no evidence of anything ever, but since that's not going to happen...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wonder if that could possibly be because Bryant didn't have any ethno-racial, religious or geographical motives....

In order for events like these to be anything BUT divisive - operating on the reasonable assumption that the guy sees himself as acting "on behalf of/in accordance with Islam" in some way - the Islamic community themselves need to publicly distance themselves from these kinds of actions. Arcing up about white prejudice, when in fact it is proto-Islamic prejudice against "infidels" that causes these events in the first place, is simply not reasonable in this case. When Islamic militants declare war on the west and do THEIR best to make it an us-vs-them situation, what do you think the reaction is going to be? Of course people are going to make racial/ethnic/religious generalisations. The only realistic way to prevent/reduce that is for the Australian Islamic community to harshly reject this kind of behaviour, otherwise they will be seen, rightly or wrongly, as being complicit with it.

Alternatively, we could all admit that Islam, along with all other religions, is fundamentally stupid since it's based on no evidence of anything ever, but since that's not going to happen...
I'm prepared for a flaming here but...i am pretty sure there was plenty of reporting that Bryant expressed concern about the amount of WASPs he killed. It may have been sensationalized at the time, but the media sought to make him out some kind of white supremacist.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is no god but Chocolate, and Lindt is his prophet.
Maybe...just maybe this guy recently watched the dark side of chocolate and has been wracked by guilt ever since. Long sleepless nights hating himself for all those enslaved kiddies picking his precious chocolate. All the while tortured by knowing "the cacao price is set in London."