Tambo Dump Run closed within the month

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Hi DH fans,

A local had a word to me today and said a council meeting was held recently and there are too many complaints about DH'ers. It was mentioned that someone 'laid a cable' behind the Fire Place monument and didn't bury or cover it. Tourists are getting abused and locals have to deal with too much shuttle traffic.

The sad thing is that the majority are responsible riders and have to cop this due to a few thoughtless arseholes.

I hear and read people complaining about the lack of DH tracks in S.E.Qld - when is the penny going to drop for some? So the future of DH here looks like we have to pay for variety and no more quirky tracks built by Trail Lords dedicated to a design philosphy based on well meaning feedback from fellow passionate DH'ers.

To the arseholes out there - thanks for nothing!

DM

Doggy

Inconceivable!
shitting up the top of the hill...wtf?
If the shut down is the case, it is a massive shame. Dump run is a fantastic track

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll believe it when it happens. Dump Run has been 'closed' so many times it's last all meaning.

Hell, rangers apparently told people not to ride there, because it would soon become National park, and that was over six months ago.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Poor form by the people who've been abusing the trail, and like Deadman said, behaviour like this by a minority is not doing our overall image any favours.

On the other hand, you've got to see irony in Dump Run get closed down because, well, someone took a dump there.

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It must have been a DHer who took a log behind the monument.

I mean the other people who go there (tourists, bushwalkers etc) don't even crap ever so it couldn't have been them.

bennymac

Likes Dirt
that suxs

Hay deadman it will be a big lost if they close dump run down for good :mad::mad: and as a builder i feel your pain

oh and to the CUNTS who are causing all this shit take your bike seat off and GO FUCK YOURSELF

tumble

Likes Dirt
not good at all

If this pans out this will be a real shame. I only get out there about once or twice a year but still it will be a great loss.

kenny b

Likes Bikes
Dump run now gated

It's official the gates have gone up and padlocks locked, signs posted no bikes allowed