Tasmania - the secrets unlocked...

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Presumably you are driving from Derby to Maydena. If so it's only an hour detour in and out of Hobart if neither of the shops at the trailheads have stock.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Is it a Tassie thing where having parts available at a bike shop is an amazing fact? :p
Evolution biking carry spares for MTB's... hubs, cables, brakes, pads, seats, cranks, rotors, BB's ect...and all the bits that can go wrong in Derby... dont rate your luck if you need roadie stuff.

Also got some cracking clothing from Dharco and others... Its a well set up place and the 2 that run it are awesome people. Very friendly and very helpful.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Evolution biking carry spares for MTB's... hubs, cables, brakes, pads, seats, cranks, rotors, BB's ect...and all the bits that can go wrong in Derby... dont rate your luck if you need roadie stuff.

Also got some cracking clothing from Dharco and others... Its a well set up place and the 2 that run it are awesome people. Very friendly and very helpful.
Ben the guy that owns the shop is a mate he lives as loves it! Moved from Sydney with his wife and kids to build some new accommodation "the Derby lodge" then opened the shop and is now a Trek dealer.
Definatley recommend anyone to head in and say gday and check out his shop he has a great variety of stuff now.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ben the guy that owns the shop is a mate he lives as loves it! Moved from Sydney with his wife and kids to build some new accommodation "the Derby lodge" then opened the shop and is now a Trek dealer.
Definatley recommend anyone to head in and say gday and check out his shop he has a great variety of stuff now.
Yes the couple who work in the shop, don't own it, but the owner (Ben) must be stoked with their passion for running it. The bloke is from SA originally and told me the guy who owns it, also owned the Lodge.
They definitely do the shop a justice, probably couldn't get 2 better people to run it. I even went to Trip advisor to give them 5 Stars.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Yes the couple who work in the shop, don't own it, but the owner (Ben) must be stoked with their passion for running it. The bloke is from SA originally and told me the guy who owns it, also owned the Lodge.
They definitely do the shop a justice, probably couldn't get 2 better people to run it. I even went to Trip advisor to give them 5 Stars.
Yeah Mark and Jules are great moved to the town for MTB and like you say are the right type of people to have working there. If your after some good food they also run Trailhead food co who do private catering etc check them out.

climberman

Likes Dirt
Ta @rangersac @pink poodle @rstim @ozzybmx @Binaural :)

Awesome info folks very much appreciated :)

Pumped for a mix of riding. In the GE for Sunday at Derby.... see if I can just avoid the wooden spoon in my category like I just avoided it at Mt Beauty :D:D

Is it a Tassie thing where having parts available at a bike shop is an amazing fact? :p
Went to, like, 3 or 4 shops in Sydney CBD the other month for sintered guides... nada, zilch, nothing, zero. Probs $500k of stock on the floor and no fkn break pads for my rig! Fk me. Of course Ross at the local had em by the boxload but I can't make that in business hours between now and departure time Friday morning.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Ta @rangersac @pink poodle @rstim @ozzybmx @Binaural :)

Awesome info folks very much appreciated :)

Pumped for a mix of riding. In the GE for Sunday at Derby.... see if I can just avoid the wooden spoon in my category like I just avoided it at Mt Beauty :D:D

Went to, like, 3 or 4 shops in Sydney CBD the other month for sintered guides... nada, zilch, nothing, zero. Probs $500k of stock on the floor and no fkn break pads for my rig! Fk me. Of course Ross at the local had em by the boxload but I can't make that in business hours between now and departure time Friday morning.
If your flying into Launceston during business hours go see Troy at Sprung 18 Vincent St, Launceston. He's another great bike shop owner and will have what you need!

climberman

Likes Dirt

The foloks there were very helpful, highly recommended :)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sweet, more mt wello goodness :)

Yeah, Im still on it... Have engaged a buyers agent locally to help. I suck at the real estate thing.