Tathra MTB Enduro. Entries open.

2012 TATHRA MTB ENDURO

YES Entries are now open for the April 21-22 2012 Tathra MTB Enduro. www.mountainbiking.com.au/tathraenduro

Our website probably won’t crash with the stampede of entrants. But it pays to get in early as we have limited numbers to 500 – to ensure the unique character of the event is maintained.

As our aim is PARTICIPATION before PROFIT – Entry prices have also not changed from last year!
WHAT’S THE TATHRA MTB ENDURO

Sweet, sweet single-track by the Sea!
If you’re tired of being marooned in bush try a cycling sea-change!
The Tathra MTB Enduro is a community driven MTB event that caters for the whole family. Along with single-track Tathra, has plenty of sun and surf to keep the cheer squad and ‘significant others’ happy. The best news is – the start line is a mere roll from your digs in Tathra!
In 2011, 250 riders lined up for our first race, and we raised over $25,000 for renewable energy projects in the Bega Shire.

The 2012 Tathra MTB Enduro again features five races; the epic King Nelba 100km, the challenging Goat’s Knob 50km, and the Doolagharl 20km. In addition a 10km prologue will be held on the Saturday, alongside a 2km children’s race.

WHAT’S NEW
To keep you guessing we’ve made some course changes and we’ve also had a change in date.
Why? Because we can! Seriously, a congested race calendar saw us head to April 22, but the water temperature is still warm and it’s perfect racing weather.

As for the course - we like to mix it up to keep it fresh and interesting. We have also been fortunate to gain access to some very, very special trails – all within a stone’s throw from Tathra.

At no point will you be further than 5km from Tathra in the Goat’s Knob 50km. We’ve axed a few of those long-haul climbs. But you definitely won’t be short changed in the single-track or scenery department.
In fact the views – if you have time to notice – make this a wicked, wicked coastal trail.

The King Nelba 100km riders, still need to bring that overnight bag! You will again go climbing in and around Dr George Mountain and Tanja. However you will come back to Tathra for the final fling 50km.

The Doolagharl 20km – Will be a more leisurely cruise, a few more open trails, less- heart-in-your-mouth single track. This year we also have two kids events. A flat 2km scurry for the little tackers, and a more challenging 3km single-track sprint (with hills) for those older pros.

Who’s back for 2012.
The same community crew that brought you the inaugural event is back for 2012.
The Tathra MTB Club - track builders Uncle Andy and Evil Tom – Clean Energy for Eternity, Bega Local Aboriginal Land Council, the Uniting Church Choir, the Tathra Surf Club, Rural Fire Service, Volunteer Rescue Association, The Lions Club BBQ Kings and Tathra Country Club.
All these local organisations, landowners and our other selfless volunteers made this a race to remember in 2011 and are committed to making the event special again in 2012.

Don’t believe us – try before you buy.
Because we do things differently at Tathra, you can try our tracks before you enter our race.
Uncle Andy and Evil Tom have their Santa hats on and have built some new trail in time for Christmas. So there’s now over 35km of fast, flowing “legal” single trail in Tathra.

Thanks to a generous grant from the Mumbulla Foundation The Doolagharl trails will also be signposted for Christmas.
To see what went on in 2011 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sipSnuzgU
But wait........ All profits from the 2012 Tathra Enduro will again directly benefit the local community though the provision of solar panels for local service organisations.

So grab that credit card.........
www.mountainbiking.com.au/tathraenduro
ENTER NOW.

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Im pretty keen for this event, last year was fantastic. This year there is heaps more sweet flowy single track. AND the weather actually looks pretty good for the area too!

chokolatrush

Likes Bikes
I'm excited...after spending the last two weeks watching people riding around and serving up a caffeine hit I finally get to ride myself.

So how big are the hills....how much vertical climbing?

less hills and more single track at Tathra Enduro

the vertical profile for the 50km has just been posted to the website: www.mountainbiking.com.au

in the 100km there's less climbing and more singletrack than last year. that's not to say the race is without hills

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
Still time for a late entry.

I have just returned from Easter holidays on the coast and despite not being able to do the ride myself I went out and rode with the trail gurus responsible. This is a fantastic trail development you are supporting by doing this race.

Big Grin

See you in 2013

longxc

Likes Bikes
Still time for a late entry.

I have just returned from Easter holidays on the coast and despite not being able to do the ride myself I went out and rode with the trail gurus responsible. This is a fantastic trail development you are supporting by doing this race.

Big Grin

See you in 2013
Is there still time for late entry?
The schedule mentions:

"Race registration and entry for:
Bega Cheese Children’s Chase 2km, Tathra Beach Family Park 10km
prologue, Tathra Country Club 20km, Goat’s Knob 50km and King
Nelba 100km "

Does that mean you can enter the 100km on the day or is "entry" in reference to the prologue?

Last edited: