Tekin suspension - any good

swanny

Likes Dirt
YVC recommend Tekin very highly. It depends on what you want to get from your suspension, but you would notice a difference if you ask for it. Ken will work closely with you to get the best setup for you.

Give him a go, its worth it.

jeremy_2640

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't rate anyone else over Ken for rebuilding/tweaking shock/fork in Australia also he is a really nice guy and easy to deal with.. Go for it!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of very few I would let touch my suspension, super knowledgable guy when it comes to Fox suspension, maybe the best in Aus. You will not be disappointed with whatever level of performace your after. Best bet is to give him a buzz and talk over what you want.

S.

ex offender
yeah thats what I heard .... any feedback on the actually shock .. do you notice a differance ??
Ken rebuilt + tuned my RC4 after I damaged it last year, gave me exactly what I asked for. I didn't want a massive change out of the shock as it was fairly good from stock, just some subtle differences, but I got what I asked for. Having seen him work, he's extremely thorough, and having spent a fair while discussing various facets of suspension nerdery with him it's fair to say he has a good idea what he's on about :)

karl

Likes Dirt
he knows his fox suspension inside out and he has the cleanest workshop in the world! Get it down to him

Intense

Squid
tekin suspensionth

I had ken tune my shock last year and the way the rear wheel kept contact with ground was noticeably better. The best value for money you will get. Intense

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I sent my 08 RP2 to him for service in feb. Once Ken had the shock he recommended upgrading the damper piston to the 09 version to get better performance out of it, I went with that and now I've gone from having the propedal permanently on to only using it on the road.
I did have an issue with it a couple of weeks back but I still am very happy with the service and the way Ken dealt with it in a quick and efficient manner. For the record it wasn't anything he had done.

The shock also returned as a RP23 for the hassle of having to send it back, now that is customer service.

Spanners

Likes Bikes
I have been dealing with Ken for the last 2 years in that time he has tuned and helped me with many sets of forks and rear shocks. Every time getting them tuned perfectly to the rider's weight, feel and riding style. I can't thank Ken enough ! I would highly recommend him.

motormtb

Likes Dirt
I bought a second hand dhx 5 of ken for my v10 and he custom tuned it for me and i have barely had to touch it since.Besides having to change rebound maybe one or two clicks either way,to suit conditions,it has been perfect since the day i got it.I'm also looking at getting some fox 40's just so ken can service them also(bloody bombers,damn you).
All you need to do is let fill out questionaire on his website(about your size and riding style etc.) and maybe have a chat to him if you have any special requirements/needs that you want from your shock and he will deliver the best shock you have ever owned.His work and knowledge is second to none.
You will have no regrets as he is a super nice guy to deal with also.

Last edited:

nevdog

Likes Bikes
My 40's and DHX5 have had the Tekin magic worked on them, man are they sweet!!!!!!!
Ken is the man

nevdog

Likes Bikes
My 40's and DHX5 have had the Tekin magic worked on them, man are they sweet!!!!!!!
Ken is the man
ken has got magic hands he can play with my bike any time.if u want to go fast then get custom tune from and rear it can save seconds,ask any pro