Tell me about riding in Bright

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers, yes she wears a few hats around here, shuttle bunny, photographer, GoPro operator, makes rolls and stuff for us in case we get hungry shuttling :)

I started off the week with kneepads (sort of) those flimsy RaceFace scuff pads, basically beefed up knee warmers, as the week went on and my balls got bigger, they got forgotten.
I made the kids wear theirs... should have been setting a better example I suppose, that shale on the top section would definitely slice bare skin to the bone.
You better keep a tight hold on that one, she sounds like a winner! Also if she wants a weekend away running shuttles for a bunch of very grateful middle aged guys I'll happily arrange flights. Promise to arrange accommodation at my mum's or one of the married guys houses to ensure everything is above board.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You better keep a tight hold on that one, she sounds like a winner! Also if she wants a weekend away running shuttles for a bunch of very grateful middle aged guys I'll happily arrange flights. Promise to arrange accommodation at my mum's or one of the married guys houses to ensure everything is above board.
I'll let her know, though my boys might want to ride the trails too.

Did I tell you about the shuttle to the top of Blue Tier, then met me in Weldborough for lunch and craft beers (she paid for lunch), then a shuttle up the Mt Paris Dam Rd to the start of Atlas... hardly pedalled a stroke the whole way back to Derby

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll let her know, though my boys might want to ride the trails too.

Did I tell you about the shuttle to the top of Blue Tier, then met me in Weldborough for lunch and craft beers (she paid for lunch), then a shuttle up the Mt Paris Dam Rd to the start of Atlas... hardly pedalled a stroke the whole way back to Derby
Sounds like she does travel well!!! The boys are welcome! Mum's house has plenty of beds and grandchildren toys, and I'm plenty accredited/experienced to show them the way down first time round and eat their dust on round two.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm plenty accredited/experienced to show them the way down first time round and eat their dust on round two.
First few runs down the Hero Trail, I had time to go ahead and get the GoPro ready, after 5 or so runs, I had to be quick to get them coming through the trees... doesn't take too many runs till they are comfortable.

Both cleared this jump. I was telling them to slow down and take it easy... they scare me.

Gonna sack the photographer if theres any more blurred pics.

Attachments

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Going to be in the area over the Xmas weekend. No shuttles running then, so wondering if trails still open and what's feasible/ sensible for a few hours by myself?

Camping with the missus so can't go on an all-day jaunt, more just a few hours on a morning.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Going to be in the area over the Xmas weekend. No shuttles running then, so wondering if trails still open and what's feasible/ sensible for a few hours by myself?

Camping with the missus so can't go on an all-day jaunt, more just a few hours on a morning.
Just ride everything on the lower half. EU, down/up DJ, warfare, lower section on hero.

slowmick

38-39"
What are my chances of having a good time in Bright if I shuttle with my DH bike? What trails would you suggest?
I am seriously unfit and have put on a bunch of weight. I figure if i take my enduro there's a real chance i'll blow the shock.
We are in Mt Beauty for a week and I was thinking I'd take my hardtail and DH bike. Falls creek is off the table as it isn't DH bike friendly and it killed the damper in my shock on the last trip.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A DH bike would probably be fun on the intense dh trail there (I can't remember the name) and hero trail.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I don't think a DH would be good for Hero. There's a fair few sections where a DH bike would lack speed and pop. I was just there and rode my 120mm travel down hero and hit most of the jumps blind. Unfortunately I only got 3 runs in so no time to really finish the others off. A bit more travel than what I had but not much more would be ideal for hero.

The AM trail from the top was savage on the short travel though. I didn't even look at the DH tracks after that one.

Hardtail would work on a lot of the XC style trails down the bottom next to the river and also trails like the tombstone loop etc

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I rode 170/160mm down hero and felt bang on. There was a lot of kids riding dh bikes. I think it would be fun enough for most of the trail and if Mick is in as good a shape as he describes it will be just fine.

slowmick

38-39"
Given my current shape if i wore more red clothes in December people would have been asking to sit on my lap to ask for presents.

Sounds like it is DH bike is possible with full face and armour. Or call it a day and sleep under a tree. Cheers.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Mystic and World Cup are both great tracks for a DH bike - no pedalling at all except on the flat bits back to the carpark at the bottom. You still need a decent level of fitness though as they are brutal tracks (unless you stop a few times on the way down).

Hero isn't the worst on a DH bike, but something with less travel is definitely more fun.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hero isn't the worst on a DH bike, but something with less travel is definitely more fun.
I would love for the slightest of ironings to be done, so it was as smooth as a bmx track, allowing me to ride it on my slope style bike without needing to visit the chiropractic witch doctor.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I used to think the AM trail was my favorite trail at Bright, but now that I’ve ridden Down DJ’s I reckon I’ve changed my tune. It is such an amazing run; fast; fun; flowing and freaking awesome! Only problem: it’s not 4 x longer;)

And Slowmick, I’m on my 150mm hardtail and am loving everything up here. Granted I’m not the fastest, or best looking, rider around but the only run I really need to go slower on is the WC DH run. It’s a little harsh on the HT but still fun.. enjoy!

dunndog

Eats Squid
Just bought a little permanent caravan on a river front site in Porepunkah. That' how good I think riding in Bright is! And the whole surrounding areas.
Spent 10 days up there after new years (popped Boom Kings' Mystic cherry... that comes across wrong doesn't it). Spent a splendid warm rainy morning out there alone just pedalling around, getting lost and then pointing it down whatever black runs I came across. So good. Met a local guy digging and had a great chat for 15 minutes, ended up with a few local secrets to explore next time. Was one of those sessions thst is now etched in my mind and stored in the 'Fuck yeah! This is why I love this shit!!' folder.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Just bought a little permanent caravan on a river front site in Porepunkah. That' how good I think riding in Bright is! And the whole surrounding areas.
Spent 10 days up there after new years (popped Boom Kings' Mystic cherry... that comes across wrong doesn't it). Spent a splendid warm rainy morning out there alone just pedalling around, getting lost and then pointing it down whatever black runs I came across. So good. Met a local guy digging and had a great chat for 15 minutes, ended up with a few local secrets to explore next time. Was one of those sessions thst is now etched in my mind and stored in the 'Fuck yeah! This is why I love this shit!!' folder.
Living the god damned dream......

bikie

Rock Bottom
What are my chances of having a good time in Bright if I shuttle with my DH bike?
1 in 1 are the odds you'll enjoy yourself. Don't listen to these blokes, it's not Cressy Decent at the You Yangs! A DH bike on hero will still be mega fun with the exception of the bit just before the first road crossing and the at the very bottom when you need to walk up the short hill back to the shuttle. The rest will have your face cramped from upside down frowns.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ don't listen to this guy! You need to buy a new bike specific to the type of riding you'll be doing in bright.

Just bought a little permanent caravan on a river front site in Porepunkah.
Congratulations on the purchase. You are a local now and entitled to those secrets. Have you got a wheelbarrow and shovel?