Tell me about riding in Bright

moorey

call me Mia
we were there on Sunday. so much fun on Hero and Shred Kelly. We left before anyone got too confident on the jumps
The second one after the wall ride is too short for even me. A few times I sailed 6 foot past the landing with my nose right down....could never remember which to boost and which to squash....:oops:

Edit. Third one after berns on first section. 01:14, where Daz overshoots it. Always forgot that one until too late.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Got punched in the nuts by my seat on our first two runs. seat post jammed down into the frame made the next two much smoother.

What's the go with the three "rollers" on the top of one of the tables. seemed designed to beat you up.

moorey

call me Mia
Took me a while. I found it best to jump the first 2 and roll the 3rd...except when I didn’t, and would nearly get bucked off.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
The top jumps on hero look a little less “lippy” than before the reno? also looks smoother?
I reckon they have more lip, and poppier, after the makeover. It’s definately smoother than it’s been in ages. I still reckon All mountain and WC downhill are better than Hero; raw, varied and fun.

moorey

call me Mia
I reckon they have more lip, and poppier, after the makeover. It’s definately smoother than it’s been in ages. I still reckon All mountain and WC downhill are better than Hero; raw, varied and fun.
I walked the DH race track with Felix before Nationals...looked ok. Then again after Nationals was done, and Oceania’s started...blown out AF...then after Oceania’s....and faaaark it was rude.
I think George said it best.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got the scars from trying to ride all mountain in the wet.. Top bit has razor rocks in the rain..

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Looks heaps better + smoother since the reno.
Not sure whether the rocks were graded off or incorporated but obviously spring rather than summer is the time to ride it.
charging money to drive up the road which is on public land is still a bad idea though.

moorey

call me Mia
Looks heaps better + smoother since the reno.
Not sure whether the rocks were graded off or incorporated but obviously spring rather than summer is the time to ride it.
charging money to drive up the road which is on public land is still a bad idea though.
You’ve got time for freebies still.
I think they’re going to have difficulty policing this. A lot will come down to honesty and good will. Looking at you, ebikers.
As mentioned by others, a full car of shuttllers is still a pretty cheap day, but it will push most to use BlueDirt....which I suspect is the real motivation.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
it will push most to use BlueDirt....which I suspect is the real motivation.
Some deep state thinking there.

When I rode Rotorua the shuttles were behind a gate that normal vehicles couldn't pass. There was a similar tactic at stromlo when I was there a while ago. It does seem the authorities might be seeking to add some value to the access fees blue dirt are paying.

moorey

call me Mia
Some deep state thinking there.

When I rode Rotorua the shuttles were behind a gate that normal vehicles couldn't pass. There was a similar tactic at stromlo when I was there a while ago. It does seem the authorities might be seeking to add some value to the access fees blue dirt are paying.
It’s a public road, not just a shuttle road. There’s other activities, lookouts, sightseeing and general use. It’s also a logging road. Trucks aren’t going to stop and open/close a gate each time they go through.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Did i miss the obvious fee statement? Whats it going to cost to use the road?
"Starting Saturday 30 November, we're introducing a vehicle entry fee. We encourage riders to use our park's official Blue Dirt Shuttle Service. For those who would like to shuttle themselves, a limited number of self-shuttle vehicle passes will be available per day. These passes will cost $132 per day (peak rate) and be economical for those who have more than two riders per car. We'll also introduce an off-peak rate of $77 per day for when our park's shuttle service is not operating"

Few pages back, in a linked FB post.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Who are they kidding its ridiculous ? Who will administer it ?
I know Vicroads dont have anything to do with it but to introduce a toll road when obviously Vicroads is swimming in money judging by the number of "improvements" where I live due to increasing vehicle registrations ?
Limited number of passes and economical !!!!
And $77 off peak , Thought bubble . Goodbye Bright. ta ta

LPG

likes thicc birds
I just noticed that they seemed to be only trying to charge the fee for people shuttling, not any other road users which is silly. When I was there in January there were people that were repeatedly flogging their 4wds up the steep hill just after the shuttle turn around point. They were a shitload more damage to the road than people shuttling their bikes. I was pushing up with a few others to do the top section of elevation/ all mountain as our car wasnt going to make it up that section.