Terrorism: Paris, Syria, Turkey, Belgium, Florida......

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
And I'm SURE they're ALL on team Islam right alongside you blokes, yes I'm sure they are.
Wow, you have really pulled a Bermy haven't you....

One post holding up servicemen as a shining example on how to eradicate Islam, then that ^, fark, I don't even have any adjectives to describe it...Bermshotesq maybe.

Implying that the men and women who, put their lives at risk, to give you the freedom to spout that shit, are terrorist colaboraters. Words fail.

That's me done.

Last edited:

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
I am a fuckwit, please read my next quote.

Then again, the military doesn't generally attract the best and brightest....so have some disrespect right back at ya. :)
I half agree with what you had to say, but after that last line you really are a halfwit. Without the brave women and men of the forces you would be fucked, if you really believed what you say go catch a plane and defend the world from these scum, don't just mouth. Remember that you will have to put yourself in physical danger so its unlikely you would take this option, bad cuntz bite back, keyboards dont

golden path

Banned
No fucking shit Sherlock - got friends and family in military and police who are currently dealing with this shit at home and abroad.

The suggestion by others that all members of the military are enraptured with Islam like some here is of course utter bullshit.

The battle's not just abroad - it's at home as we've seen many times recently.

floody

Wheel size expert
Again, horseshit.

Straight from the Japanese constitution:

第20条 信教の自由は、何人に対してもこれを保障する。
Article 20
Freedom of religion is guaranteed to all.​
第21条 集会、結社及び言論、出版その他一切の表現の自由は、これを保障する。
Article 21 Freedom of assembly and association as well as speech, press and all other forms of expression are guaranteed.​
第23条
学問の自由は、これを保障する。
Article 23
Academic freedom is guaranteed.​
And this defines the limits of religious laws (and, unlike us, things like lobbying);

第20条
いかなる宗教団体も、国から特権を受け、又は政治上の権力を行使してはならない。②何人も、宗教上の行為、祝典、儀式又は行事に参加することを強制されない。③国及びその機関は、宗教教育その他いかなる宗教的活動もしてはならない。
Article 20
No religious organization shall receive any privileges from the State, nor exercise any political authority. (2) No person shall be compelled to take part in any religious act, celebration, rite or practice. (3) The State and its organs shall refrain from religious education or any religious activity.

Flow-Rider

Burner
information of radicalism in the Islamic society is the Islamic society itself..
That's what he is trying to tell you.

It's quite funny how you get yourself offended about people's lack of knowledge and then you offend them by name calling, people have spoken to you respectfully here. It really shows your true colours, it's like you really enjoy flaming people and trying to rubbish them because they say what you dislike. Not everyone has countless hours to waste sifting through information on the net, some of us do actually have some sort of a life and job. Just for the record, I don't have a problem with Muslim people themselves, I have a problem with some of their laws and beliefs. I generally believe the sediment of this thread from people not to isolate people because of cultures or beliefs but when there is very little in common with most of these people, it's hard to even talk to them because they seem to be offended that people living their everyday life should automatically understand everything about them and their culture.

Jonny, I have seen you post here a fair bit and have come to realise that you like to twist and misconstrue what most people you don't like post. At the end of the day we all think that we are right, but everyone here is entitled to an opinion based on their own experiences in life. If you think you have experienced everything in life you must about 1 million years old.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Something for the Right Wingers here
Cut and pasted from the Wikipedia page on Naomi Wolf's book "The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot"

Naomi Wolf outlines ten steps that "closing societies" — such as Hitler's Germany, Mussolini's Italy, and Stalin's Russia — have historically followed. These steps, Wolf claims, are being observed in America now.

The steps are:

Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
Set up an internal surveillance system.
Harass citizens' groups.
Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
Target key individuals.
Control the press.
Cast criticism as espionage and dissent as treason.
Subvert the rule of law.

It would be great if some of the haters could read this.

Another good one would be Noam Chomsky's "Understanding Power"

Flow-Rider

Burner
Again, horseshit.

Straight from the Japanese constitution:

And this defines the limits of religious laws (and, unlike us, things like lobbying);
Thanks for clearing that up definitely horse shit, But I didn't believe everything on the pages anyway, just done some checking myself.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
No fucking shit Sherlock - got friends and family in military and police who are currently dealing with this shit at home and abroad.

The suggestion by others that all members of the military are enraptured with Islam like some here is of course utter bullshit.

The battle's not just abroad - it's at home as we've seen many times recently.
admittedly I havn't thoroughly read through this thread, but I havn't noticed anyone that seemed "enraptured with Islam" to me either :dunno:

if you confuse tolerance or acceptance with adoration, and dislike people because of it, you're going to be a bitter individual in a country like ours where only a few can claim a long family tree here. most of us are migrants, related to migrants or descended from migrants. there's a lot of people to hate if you refuse to accept other cultures, its going to be REALLY tiring...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
That's what he is trying to tell you.
Yeah, nah. Golden Staff's point is that Islam is the problem. What you quoted is pointing out that the Islamic council is providing information on possible sources of radicalisation. Hardly the best strategy of an organisation commited to world domination.

Not everyone has countless hours to waste sifting through information on the net, some of us do actually have some sort of a life and job.
And some people's job is to spend countless hours sifting through information, analyising it, and sorting the fact from the shit.

I generally believe the sediment of this thread
has attracted more than one bottom feeder.

Jonny, I have seen you post here a fair bit and have come to realise that you like to twist and misconstrue what most people you don't like post. At the end of the day we all think that we are right, but everyone here is entitled to an opinion based on their own experiences in life. If you think you have experienced everything in life you must about 1 million years old.
Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one, and you can't really see how full of shit your own actually is at any point in time....

scblack

Leucocholic
Its quite clear you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Johnny is a very moderate poster who makes some excellent responses to people who spout shit. Johnny usually gives a great eye-opener as to how ignorant many people are. Rarely does he judge what they say, but merely points out how stupid some people's opinions really are.

I reckon you need to go back to school for some comprehension lessons.

DeBloot

Feeling old
I don't know who the Jonny is you refer to
But it isn't the Johnny that I have been familiar with over the 8 or so years I've been here

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Its quite clear you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Johnny is a very moderate poster who makes some excellent responses to people who spout shit. Johnny usually gives a great eye-opener as to how ignorant many people are. Rarely does he judge what they say, but merely points out how stupid some people's opinions really are.

I reckon you need to go back to school for some comprehension lessons.
I've been schooled by Johnny more times than I can remember, but I rest easy knowing that I've learned something new each time.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
To the case in point though, I've read plenty of articles over the years by Muslim academics and ex Muslims that have come to the view that because Islam is fundamentally fundamental (if you get what I mean) that it ipso facto is not a religion of peace and tolerance but a religion of intolerance and violence.

For some reason, Islam seems to have gone backwards on the tolerance front, particularly in the Middle East - this comes about because of a view that the Koran is infallible and the word of the prophet. These views are rejected out of hand by progressives and nearly every poster here as xenophobic or racist, or because we all know completely normal Muslims that don't carry on at lol, that it must be false.

As much as I'd like to think that everywhere can take a leaf out of Indonesia's book, I think it just as likely that continued Medi evil behaviour will continue with an absolute rejection of modernity and civility toward outsiders.

Not that any of these discussions are likely to take place in the current climate, or for the foreseeable future, given the personal insult that is taken whenever it is mentioned. We have a long way to go to even have an open conversation

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Too right - our opinions are *not* all equal. Some are more learned than others, some just need to listen.
I'm really unsure if you are taking the piss or not here, for that really reads like "my opinion is right, and you are simply wrong"

Whenever someone is sure, I am sure they don't really understand.

John U

MTB Precision
To the case in point though, I've read plenty of articles over the years by Muslim academics and ex Muslims that have come to the view that because Islam is fundamentally fundamental (if you get what I mean) that it ipso facto is not a religion of peace and tolerance but a religion of intolerance and violence.
All religions, except maybe Bhuddism, believe their religion is the one and only source of truth and that all other gods are false. If you're a Christian its in the 10 commandments. All religions have a base rule of be excellent to each other/your neighbour.

I reckon if you looked a little more widely you might find some Muslim academics and ex Muslims that have come to the view that Islam is not a religion of intolerance and violence. Your readings to date may be aligning with your already existing thoughts on the issue.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
All religions, except maybe Bhuddism, believe their religion is the one and only source of truth and that all other gods are false.
Yep, its the Apple iModel of spiritualism. Suck em in with eyecandy (who doesn't get a little aroused by a woman in a habit) then let them know that they're in a closed eco systen that is incompatible with all other belief systems.

Customers for life.

Its also how all those internet scams of the noughties did so well....

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
All religions, except maybe Bhuddism, believe their religion is the one and only source of truth and that all other gods are false. If you're a Christian its in the 10 commandments. All religions have a base rule of be excellent to each other/your neighbour.

I reckon if you looked a little more widely you might find some Muslim academics and ex Muslims that have come to the view that Islam is not a religion of intolerance and violence. Your readings to date may be aligning with your already existing thoughts on the issue.
The 10 commandments is fortunately part of the Old Testament, secondly Christianity, had Martin Luther, and down the track we have separation of church and state. Of course Christians like moderate Muslims apply their own ethics about unprovoked violence to stuff they read in their book.

This is a skill that is sorely lacking in one obvious area in this world.

I have also read the plethora of material that says otherwise, including the new Facebook famous Waleed Aly, but alas Waleed is very defensive. He did one of his talks on Boko Haram earlier this year - after listening to him, you could easily have left without knowing there was any Islamism behind the group at all - why the defensiveness?

I know that Islam can be peaceful, but I also know it can be violent - to the tune of 80,000 civilians just going about their business been murdered last year. That's one hell of a number.

What is the answer? I surely don't know, I am amazed that sometimes people here seem to think they do - would appeasement work? Well, withdrawing from Iraq certainly didn't help the situation there