Thank you to someone at Stromlo

Slow moe

Likes Dirt
Just a quick thank you to the person who found my saddle bag somewhere on the trails at Stromlo last Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and left it hanging from the fence.
I had only realised that it was not still attached to my bike when I loaded it onto the car on Friday to go for a ride. After swearing to myself and driving to Stromlo, I was very happy to find that some nice person had found it and left it (still with spares) on the fence.

thanks

stirk

Burner
Good people are good.
Indeed and by being good others learn by example.

After a recent ride I was 'flying' at 50+ kph downhill and raced past a dad and tweenager stopped by the side of the trail, it looked like some bike issues at first by the crouching down next to bike, maybe something wrong. I said a nice how's it going maaaaaaaaaaate, as you do at speed, and continued on until I could slow down and circle back uphill and make sure they were ok and if I could help if there were any issues.

They were just having a break, but the banter I had with the dad I hope has instilled that goodness you mention to the son, and I'm sure it has.

Without transcribing the conversation, the other dad was really thankful for the effort and care I took to see if any help was needed and that message he probably replayed to his son, to say, see son that's what mountain biking is about, we look after each other, see someone in trouble, ask if they need help. See someone has lost stuff on the trail and leave it where it can be found. Good messages here.

Sadly I've seen people not care and ride past others stopped with issues.
Sadly for me people ride pass when I'm just taking a piss, but still they could say hi!