That's why we can't have nice things....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
On a Monday, just calmed down a very POed S6 for his temper issues.

Story went like this;:
S6 enters a semi-posh bike shop innacity with an RB shirt on and saw posh prices (claims over 15% markup from wholesale).
Talked to the owner/manager about potential work/just plain hanging out so he politely asks if he could be some workshop hand just for good food money (comes down to just $25~33 /day for 3 or 4 days tops)
Said manager gives him the attitude cause he was sounding so cheap, he doubts if he could really do anything right. S6 replied explaining he's a mechanical enthusiast and a qualified technician and j ust wants to keep his hands dirty and his brain revving fast enough while waiting on project up time (just like me, he now works as a tech contractor on project basis).
Knowing him personally, he uses varying levels of sarcasm the moment arrogant attitude comes flying off someone's mouth into his face,. (He uses a carrot stick approach to fix things. This is an escalating method of using "convincing methods" )
The sarcasm got picked up fast and quick and he was sent out the door.
S6 shook his head and was cursing on Australia's bike retail industry.

Told him that it's not fair to genocide the species just because a one off varmint proved to be rabid.

It'll now take a serious convincing for him to buy local in excess of $100

More to this, I just read the Open letter to Centerlink that went down and fast. I told him to refrain from venting anything about it and just move on and he deserves better than just good food. He's a pro and I expect him to act like it and not some homicidal rebel out on a vendetta. He deserves professional treatment for the professional work he does but it's proving really difficult to convince him otherwise.

It really appears that their is some sort of superficial labor issue both in the micro and macro level here in Australia. This is happening in a lot of establishments particularly in the professional workforce as HR adopts a capitalist stance in signing up people to work for the company they represent. If this keeps happening, CentreLink will not be able to provide appropriate security. Further, how will CentraLize give the incentive for people to get off social security if the private sector is out to make a sweatshop industry like in China or Africa?

Further, a lot of establishments have biases towards people coming from social security payments. I've heard of instances where someone of higher professional capacity is earning less than those who just got in from another work just because he was on benefits for the last 3 months. Fair? Or is it economically competitive?

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thank god! It wasn't just me then, I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Made no sense whatsoever.

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
Still a better story than Twilight?

S6 is POed cause he can't work for 2metre long sandwiches or 1.5kg of BBQ beef ribs on a bike shop.

Better?

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
So ... dude walks into shop.
Says "gimmie work for fuck all"
Shop owner says "the fuck?"
Dude says "hey?! I know shizz, fuck you"
You sez "centrelink are fucked"

You and your mate can go and eat moorey's I can't believe it's not dick soy penis substitute.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So you reckon I shoulda told him to just go bludging instead? What do you do for a living?
No but from what I read in the centrelink thread your mate really made a dick of himself so coming here and trying to get sympathy for him from us is really quite silly.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
THE FUCK IS GOING ON, 1, your mate need to calm his tits and go find a job thats good 2, you need to speak english and not shit 3, when we understand whats going on we'll tell you whats what

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know what you are on about. However, I have learned that there may be a link between writing nonsense posts and the need for Centrelink to help you through life.

You have wasted 5 minutes of my life which I could have been watching S03E10 of The Walking Dead. Which i will now proceed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.