That's why we can't have nice things....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
No but from what I read in the centrelink thread your mate really made a dick of himself so coming here and trying to get sympathy for him from us is really quite silly.
Point is (or was), he's really keen. I really couldn't give a shit if you agree with the shopkeeper, or sympathize with someone legitimately making ends meet (so we can have nice things)

I guess the story of employment didn't come across as relevant to the other posts' dilemma in letting CenterIng know about what's happening out there . I'm not trying to bag CentreLink.either.

This is too fucked up for a Monday. If I can't sign up for a next project, I guess I'll try bulging... and I'm not agreeing to work for less than what I previously earned. Cause nice things are expensive

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
I understood the whole thing first time reading at a normal pace.

Yes I agree, your friend needs a better attitude if he is going to land a cashy at the lbs. He might be very good technically but getting along in a team tends to be more the norm these days: the manager was right to send him packing. I heard on the radio that there is a growing, small segment of the workforce that are working for free hoping to gain experience and trust required to get paid work. I don't agree with this, but what can ya do?

I went into centerlink once. I waited in line for 15 mins and watched the circus, turned around and walked out and got myself a job interstate within a week. I can't vouch for everyone else's ability to find jobs but I suspect there's plenty of people out there that don't give a crap. Any changes to welfare I imagine are to address that apparent indifference in those individuals.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I still want to know what a "S6" is. I feel if I can only crack that piece of the puzzle everything else will fall in place...

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
i feel just a little more retarded from reading this!....MODERATORS please make the nasty people go away.:behindsofa:

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm really confused. Your mate walked into a shop expecting a job, got aggro when he didn't get it, and now you're complaining about centrelink?

There's tons of jobs out there, and there are things called resumes that some employers might find useful to peruse before they hire you.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I still want to know what a "S6" is. I feel if I can only crack that piece of the puzzle everything else will fall in place...
S6: (Military) a commissioned officer serving on the staff of a commander, service, or central headquarters.

The fuck is a commissioned officer doing wanting a job in a bike shop?

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so S6 means a few things, what the fuck does this guy think it means is all that matters

ALSO MODS RID US OF THIS JIBBER JABBER

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Moorey i only just noticed the new avatar and i think if you ever take it down you can do what it says

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Cheers guys for clearing the "S6" up. I was wrong though, I still have no idea WTF this is all about.

I'm hopeful once we crack the code that we'll finally have a definitive answer to which wheel size is best.

wombat

Lives in a hole
S6 enters a semi-posh bike shop innacity with an RB shirt on and saw posh prices (claims over 15% markup from wholesale).
Sounds like your mate has very little to no idea of what is involved in running a small retail business.

Status
Not open for further replies.