The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

RMB

Likes Dirt
Yep,its on again the entries will be open soon for the Mont 2010,get in quick!!!

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
i have 75% of an ss team. also, i'll be in europe for 6 weeks up until the wednesday before the race so it's going to be interesting...

KALBO

Likes Bikes
ooohhhh raaaaahhhh! If I'm lucky enough, this will be my first real event! Getting nervous already.

tjb

Likes Dirt
Suspect we'll have the usual SS suspects assembled again in a 4 man SS team especially if it is at Sparrows

RMB

Likes Dirt
Camping sunday night

yes its on!, had an email from the crew
Hi RMB

We're aware of all that happened, and way ahead in terms of sorting
some options for people.

Sunday night camping will be one of these options. It will also be
accompanied by a BBQ and get together with riders.
People may even wish to hire out the sponsor marquees.

Affiliation with a tour company to take riders to and from the venue
will also be on the cards.

Yes, bring the bar..

>
> Hi guys, thanks for such a great event last year, cant wait for the
> next Mont.
> Just a quick question regarding camping on the sunday night, not
> sure if you guys heard but there was a major accident on the Hume
> involving a Mont competitor and with disscussions on a forum the
> cause of the accident was due to fatigue,he was ok but he did roll
> his Hilux and trashed his bikes. I myself had to pull over because
> of being to tired, i even had a micro sleep.Just a suggestion but if
> camping was aloud on sunday night its a good time to relax after the
> race with a few beers(we did this at the Scott and there was heaps
> of people there on the sunday night),wake up fresh with a hot breaky
> then head home safely.
>
> Regards
> RMB
>
> P.S We will be bring the bar back down with us again!!!

--

Last edited:

tjb

Likes Dirt
Can't wait,I'm in,might have crack at the run this year?
Sure, it is all yours, I'll print this thread to prove it! Actually Mont run was ok last year, hell of a lot better than Scott start haha

PS. It that your way of saying I suck at the run ?

Last edited:

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Can't wait,I'm in,might have crack at the run this year?
Maybe you should run the whole course to level out the playing field??

Is there also truth to the rumour of a certain FLUFFy character contemplating
going solo in the near future?

FLUFF

Squid
Maybe you should run the whole course to level out the playing field??

Is there also truth to the rumour of a certain FLUFFy character contemplating
going solo in the near future?
The world solo 24 race sounds interesting,might have to try and qualify at the sydney 24(if it becomes a qualifying race),just not sure if I ride SS or gears?

FLUFF

Squid
Sure, it is all yours, I'll print this thread to prove it! Actually Mont run was ok last year, hell of a lot better than Scott start haha

PS. It that your way of saying I suck at the run ?
No,my shoes were to new at the scott but after crashing they can't get any worst.

The world solo 24 race sounds interesting,might have to try and qualify at the sydney 24(if it becomes a qualifying race),just not sure if I ride SS or gears?
Hey Fluff, can you imagine riding that first hill at Syd 24 on shire SS gearing if the weather is anything like last year:eek:

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Anyone else get the following? Reckon they're after the $ as early as possible and trying scare tactics? I haven't spotted any other conversations on RB about this? Maybe it will fill quickly???:confused:

"The entry system opened at 5:30pm on Saturday 24th October and got a hammering over the following 6 hours – so much so it looked like the event would sell out before the end of the week. While the entry system server barely registered the load of the entries coming in, the confirmation emails coming through to my account during dinner sounded like a pinball machine during multiball play. We were a little concerned about this development, and rather than catch those of you who wait a while before jumping online by complete surprise, we pressed the pause button on entries later that evening.

We made the decision to take entries off-line for a number of reasons, the main one being we didn't want the event selling out in record time like many events this year. Racing should be on track, not online. This pause allowed more time for team captains to get their team details together, and also gave us an opportunity to move our event website over to a spanky new Linux server. This was completed over a few minutes on Tuesday afternoon. The entry system is primed to switch back on, but as outlined on our News page, the button clicking will resume from 9am on Monday 2nd November.

Get your team together and Ride the Bird.

Keep the rubber side down

The Mont24 Race Crew"

chook

Squid
Mont entry problem

I have been trying to complete our entry this morning. Finally managed to register team name and enter captain's details and got an email back. Does anyone know how to add the other team members - it doesn't appear to be giving me an option???????

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been trying to complete our entry this morning. Finally managed to register team name and enter captain's details and got an email back. Does anyone know how to add the other team members - it doesn't appear to be giving me an option???????
I've done the same and have emailed their enquiries email address that came in their confirmation email... still waiting on a reply.