The 2020 Orange Alpine 6 is Totally Overhauled - But Looks Exactly the Same

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I was looking to spend $20,000 on my next bike. $15,700 means I get to take a holiday as well...
That price is for black or orange only, so you'll need to dip into the holiday fund if you want a pretty colour or flash decals.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Brexit tax perhaps?
Possibly, not many ever pay full retail but still at the high end for something that is an old design, apart from aesthetics and the old brand name not really anything spectacular.

I was looking to spend $20,000 on my next bike. $15,700 means I get to take a holiday as well...
I though you would have saved your financial resources to combat climate change, I guess not.

moorey

call me Mia
Is there any reason for this other than profiteering? I'd love to see more of such a cool machine around the traps.
Aaron from ‘The Ride’ says it’s a mistake. They will start at around $6500, so I assume $16700 has just had a 1 added accidentally.

Az

Likes Dirt
Full Factory Spec will be under $10k - I’ll get them to sort it at their end. Frame and shock would be circa $4k. We aren’t holding any stock locally so we can special order colour/decal and spec as required. I need to get my Alpine finished and out and about.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Full Factory Spec will be under $10k - I’ll get them to sort it at their end. Frame and shock would be circa $4k. We aren’t holding any stock locally so we can special order colour/decal and spec as required. I need to get my Alpine finished and out and about.
Thankyou for the first hand info AZ, not something you see a lot on here these days. :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This shot subtly explains why a high forward SP and nicely reamed out rear dropout with plenty of room would be great mix for riding in ol' blightys mostly muddy and wet MTB trails. Keeping rear chainstay/BB mounted linkages and pivots clean would always be a headache. Have to feel for those guys.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
This shot subtly explains why a high forward SP and nicely reamed out rear dropout with plenty of room would be great mix for riding in ol' blightys mostly muddy and wet MTB trails. Keeping rear chainstay/BB mounted linkages and pivots clean would always be a headache. Have to feel for those guys.
After getting caught in the rain In the RNP on Wednesday I can definitely see the appeal.
So much sand getting in places it shouldn’t.