The Ashes 2015.....blah

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I hope we don't get Joe Rooted for that bungle.. how did he survive his first 3 balls?!
Yep, it all comes back to that dropped catch by Haddin. Wasn't easy, but you would expect him to take that every day of the week.
I would say it is all level pegging at this stage. I think Aus would be happy if they can match the Poms total.
Our bowlers need to get a bit more consistant. Gave away too many runs towards the end of the Poms innings.

This test is coming down to the wire..

dunndog

Eats Squid
Good start. Got a good feeling about this innings. History would suggest it won't happen, but time is on our side, weather pending. We should easily be able to make the runs if we just bad smart.

moorey

call me Mia
Good start. Got a good feeling about this innings. History would suggest it won't happen, but time is on our side, weather pending. We should easily be able to make the runs if we just bad smart.
Way to speak too soon! :rant:

Bermshot

Banned
Time clarity, Johnson-19, Watto-19.
Oh fuck this, Watto's out-19.

Nah it's a psych play before for the next Test (Aussie useless crunts). We knew our English Overlords were going to "play" due to them employing a Aussie.

Well, there is supposed to be rain, I was thinking we can knock this over today easy, now!

Last edited:

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Post match captain Clarke says they will be prepared for the second test.
Not enough time to prepare for the first?

Watson, please pull a hammy in training

Big JD

Wheel size expert
we were outplayed in every facet. Most noticeably the bowling where we could not consistently find length and line. Mitch Marsh must be included and Siddle is a very consistent if not a little slower.

Top order batters need to take a strong hard look at themselves. We have not been blooding enough younger players. Hadden should be replaced on form but there is no one with the experience on such a big stage.

It was just not good enough and I look forward to discussing that with each of them at their performance reviews.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
You only need Haddin to have taken Root, and not let that tail wag for the poms and it's a different result entirely.

Close game that really hinged on one or 2 moments

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Hadden is out for "personal reasons" and let's hope Watson too. On a slow and low pitch consistently is key for our bowlers. Come on Aussies do us proud

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Hadden is out for "personal reasons" and let's hope Watson too. On a slow and low pitch consistently is key for our bowlers. Come on Aussies do us proud
Don't need any personal reasons for Watson - he's been dropped. Unless Marsh fails miserably or there's an injury, you'd have to think it's possibly the end of a thoroughly underwhelming international career.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Don't need any personal reasons for Watson - he's been dropped. Unless Marsh fails miserably or there's an injury, you'd have to think it's possibly the end of a thoroughly underwhelming international career.
Watson has been given so many opportunities. Finally, the side can now go into the next test and not have to carry him.
Clarke really needs to stand up at Lords, hasn't performed for a while..

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Selectors maybe have it right this time!

I think that's the last test Haddin will play - he had a shocker and you just can't afford that , though maybe his "personal reasons" were stopping him from concentrating in the last test?