The Astrix has started

safreek

congrats safreek...i remember checking out the hucksters when i was at cyclingdeal last. very solid/burly looking frame!
i bought an astrix solo from them in january to replace my tired/old kona kikapu so i could keep running a 26" with the rest of my gear.
Cheers mate, really stoked I pulled the trigger on it.
I actually thought of the solo myself until I woke up to myself and that big forks wouldn't suit.

safreek

3 days to get across metro melb is nothing exciting usually, but for the inefficient pricks at auspost, typical
To be honest I actually hoped to have it yesterday, now I can only hope for an other week. Bit disappointed but I don't have wheels yet so its not that bad

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Cheers mate, really stoked I pulled the trigger on it.
I actually thought of the solo myself until I woke up to myself and that big forks wouldn't suit.
i was fortunate in that all my drivetrain/wheelset/fork/cockpit/seatpost all matched the specs of the solo frame so all ive had to do is buy a headset, a front mech with a lower clamp, new cabling & some protection for the frame....everything else just unbolted from the kona straight onto the astrix. nice thing about the solo is theres heaps of clearance on the rear...looks like it will run 27.5" wheels with no issues...

Super glad I made the purchase when I did, there were 5 frames left, now they are all sold out. A win for me, hoorah:cool:
good timing...and what a nice price for a complete frame & shock ;)
i was surprised the hucksters have stuck around as long as they have....solo sold out very quickly and were all done & dusted by xmas/jan...i was lucky i threw down a deposit whilst i was uhmming & ahhing about buying it :D

Last edited:

safreek

Still twiddling my thumbs, apparently the package is.still in sunshine according to tracking. Hope its just not being updated

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just relax...I had an text and email from Australia post Thursday last week: "your package is scheduled to arrive today.". But it didn't. Then it didn't the next day. Or today. They have a bit too much self confidence I think.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just relax...I had an text and email from Australia post Thursday last week: "your package is scheduled to arrive today.". But it didn't. Then it didn't the next day. Or today. They have a bit too much self confidence I think.
Did they send it to your old address maybe?

safreek

And I'd suggest a hammerschmidt would be freaking ace on the asterix, well, it'd be shit, but would suit the planned build to a T! (pun intended)
I was thinking of lemonpeelers Hammerschmidt setup that's for sale but it would make riding uphill to easy

safreek

But I want my toy, waaaaa

safreek

Frame has arrived at south lismore, wondering how long it will take to reach my area. All been pretty quick so far.
Now, to hock the body so I can afford the wheels. May take a while of prostitution, need to raise a hundred dollars, some asstricks for my astrix