The Astrix has started

safreek

OK, well i finally pulled the pin on the astrix huckster. I had been waiting for someone to offer a cool second hand frame but, surprise surprise moorey had hoarded them all.
Well at least I have got a new, old frame, 8 inches of rear travel wouldn't you know. It would seem pretty lightweight by my standard, probably about 6kg with shock. Even free shipping from cycling deals. Stock photo from net site, will include unboxing photos when it arrives
OT-FM-HKR-A (1).jpg

safreek

The part that it is all being built around is, obviously, my much beloved monsters.
For many a month I used to beat my meat thinking of actually owning one of these pieces of MTB history.
8 inches of travel with 40mm stanchions, fuck fox 40s, who wants to ride a lightweight girls fork.
When I take them off the stinky I shall weigh them but am guessing around 5 to 5.5 kg.
I am having a guess that frame and fork will come in at about 10-12kg.
Not too bad, be interesting to see what the whole build comes in at but would be surprised if any heavier than an I'll pedalling stinky
Don't worry where the crowns sit on the fork, its not being ridden atm
IMG_20180331_134728.jpg

safreek

This has been quite journey for all of us. Good luck with building your wet dreams!
Cheers, will be putting on those cycling deal skylark wheels, bugger me, new wheels will be fantastic as I can't think of the last time I havnt had to use others castoffs.
All the wheels appear to be green so I guess I will need green brakes. I think we all know what track that takes me down again:oops:
Oh and I forgot, gunna track down some decals for the monsters, shame I don't know what year they are from, not a year on them that I can find

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Give Noah a call about the forks. Pretty sure he used them as an an anchor on the ark...

I'll be keen to hear feedback on the wheels. They look sweet and the price is sharp. If they work out well and have a good loud hub I may consider putting a set in my collection.

Don't go over the top with the green add ons. I've had green wheels before and it is easy to over do it with trying to be matchey-matchey. Suddenly you're trying not to puke each time you look at it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Those rims are from the old 2011 GT Ruckus, the green was matched to the bottom bracket, dog bone and a few other parts.

GT ruckus.jpg

Attachments

safreek

Give Noah a call about the forks. Pretty sure he used them as an an anchor on the ark...

I'll be keen to hear feedback on the wheels. They look sweet and the price is sharp. If they work out well and have a good loud hub I may consider putting a set in my collection.

Don't go over the top with the green add ons. I've had green wheels before and it is easy to over do it with trying to be matchey-matchey. Suddenly you're trying not to puke each time you look at it.
I asked Noah, he said the fork came out before he was born so no idea.about when they were made. With no build year on them I am assuming they are a super rare prototype of which only one was made,.probs worth 1000s.
Hopefully will be ordering the wheels next week so will keep you informed on how buzzy they are.

safreek

Have you measured the hub spacing on the fork? Just to be sure...
Yeah, emailed them, def 110x20, they even changed the spacing in the ad. No reward to me for pointing out the mistake, thought they might chuck me a set for free, no offer as yet though

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Very good. I was fairly sure it would be 20x110, but...some of the olden times forks ran funky axle sizes.

safreek

Postage info received by auspost at 6.22 pm. Let's see how Good they are. I know I shouldn't say it but they have always been quick for me so far, x fingers

safreek

Post is flying, dandenong to sunshine in 3 days, very impressed. Hopefully it will arrive by next Friday

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
congrats safreek...i remember checking out the hucksters when i was at cyclingdeal last. very solid/burly looking frame!
i bought an astrix solo from them in january to replace my tired/old kona kikapu so i could keep running a 26" with the rest of my gear.