The bike industry crisis

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
"Kent is synonymous with outdoor sports and the pursuit of outdoor adventure," said Cook. "Focusing on the Company's profitable core business lines that provide the greatest promise for long-term growth will help right the ship and navigate the Company into calmer waters."

In connection with the investment of capital and the management team coming onboard, the Company performed a strategic review of its operating units and determined that it would continue to seek a buyer for its bike business, Kona. This move allows the Company to direct its resources toward investment in its key water sports businesses. The bike industry has faced very significant challenges in the post covid world and Kona has not been immune to these headwinds."

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I loved Kona bikes back in the 90s, those straight forks and splatter paint jobs were awesome. As were the sandpaper grey and neon orange colour schemes of Marin bikes.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Any indications that they hang together better than a Pole bike? as they are both CNCed and the halves bonded together, AFAIK.
Pole sorted that issue and I believe Actofive use a slightly different method that keys the two halves together better. No tek screws needed.
I’ve not heard anythingabout A5 Frames failing but then again don’t spend a lot of time on the German forums.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
doesn't surprise. for 2500 dollars on sale you might as well just get a concept 2 bike or a more cushy air bike.

or go ghetto and just get a 500 dollar spin bike.