The boxed hard tail of Waltly.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Just out of curiosity @Shorsau, what are you using this bike for mainly? That's a long back end and short front. Bike packing / gravel? No dropper? Going belt drive?

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Will predominantly be for trail riding @wkkie, with a bit of beach riding during the summer. I might explore a bit of bike packing, but basically just wanted a low maintenance everyday ride that I can get fit on...e-bike not doing that for me:) Got a Pinion P1.9XR with gates 32t for front & back. Never had a Pinion bike before, so looking forward to having a crack.

wkkie

Will predominantly be for trail riding @wkkie, with a bit of beach riding during the summer. I might explore a bit of bike packing, but basically just wanted a low maintenance everyday ride that I can get fit on...e-bike not doing that for me:) Got a Pinion P1.9XR with gates 32t for front & back. Never had a Pinion bike before, so looking forward to having a crack.
Nice. Personally I'd keep the hole in the seat tube for the dropper post. If you don't use it, you don't use it, but handy to have if you want to go for a dropper. Don't think it costs any extra either.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Will have to have a think about it..as promised them it was the final change yesterday with the extra braze ons (didn't mention any charge for them). I don't do much downhill, mainly been exercising the pooch with the e-bike on the local forest trails here of late.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Hi Rich..I asked about the sliders and they do supply one set and the axle, as well as a seat post clamp. My frame has made it to Hk and waiting on UPS handover at present.

wkkie

Nice. I just got my photos from waltly. No sliders shown in mine either.

I'm assuming they only deliver 1 set of sliders and 1 axle. Have you discussed those with them? I am asking for a spare pair.
I had just the 1 set of sliders, 1 axle and the seat post clamp. Crank the sliders up tight too!

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Hey @wkkie, got the bike bodged together enough to get it moving. Pretty smooth, comfortable ride. Gearbox is great. Still waiting on a few parts to finish it off how I'd like. Cheers

Attachments

wkkie

Nice. Looking good. Just make sure you don't trap a leg in the gear cables.

Is one of the bits you're missing the bolt on headtube cable guide?

Last edited:

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Nice. Looking good. Just make sure you don't trap a leg in the gear cables.:D

Is one of the bits your missing the bolt on headtube cable guide?
Yeah missed the DHL bloke that was delivering them the other day, so waiting to get redelivered. Waiting on some light bicycle rims and a pinion H2R hub too. Put the fox 34 I had initially bought for this bike onto my ebike, but carbon fork fine for what I'm doing now. Impressed with the gearbox..first time I've used one.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Hey @wkkie, got the bike bodged together enough to get it moving. Pretty smooth, comfortable ride. Gearbox is great. Still waiting on a few parts to finish it off how I'd like. Cheers
This looks really cool. Any chance you can let me know the total spend on this, either here or PM? I'm liking the look of the more relaxed hardtail for a more general bike

wkkie

You did well on the price of the gearbox @Shorsau .

Did that include the shifter?

How did you find setting up the shifting cables with the box?

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
You did well on the price of the gearbox @Shorsau .

Did that include the shifter?

How did you find setting up the shifting cables with the box?
The price in spreadsheet includes the shifter, but I had to purchase separately from the same guy in Germany. He's still got some gearboxes left by the looks.