VIC The Buxton Bootcamp - 9th November - VES Finale

AlanT

Likes Dirt
The Buxton MTB Park is now open and the finale of the Vic Enduro Series will land on the 9th of November.

Main Details:
Dates: 8-9th November (Race on 9th)
Categories:
3 Hour - Men, Women, 40+ Mixed and Junior Pairs
6 Hour Solo - Men, Women, 40+ Mixed
6 Hour Teams - Pairs/Triples Men, Pairs/Triples Women and Pairs/Triples Mixed

Links:
Website: http://www.bighillevents.com.au/buxton_bootcamp/bootcamp_home.html

Entries:
http://www.entryzone.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=75

Photographs from 2013:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.604640252916399.1073741830.136131749767254&type=3

The park has had a number of renovations since the cold winter and the course is looking ace so should be some top class racing yet again at Buxton.

moorey

call me Mia
Hell of a track, great event. Will be my first (and prolly last) solo 6hr. See you there. :woot:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Hell of a track, great event. Will be my first (and prolly last) solo 6hr. See you there. :woot:
Hmmm, may come and join you for the sufferfest Signor Moore. I've done 2 3 hour rides in the last month, that should do for preparation. Shouldn't it?

moorey

call me Mia
Hmmm, may come and join you for the sufferfest Signor Moore. I've done 2 3 hour rides in the last month, that should do for preparation. Shouldn't it?
I've done 10% of my usual Kms in the lady few months. Slightly worried. I'll bring your wheels, stem and seat :third:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'll probably be there, soloing. Undecided on 3 or 6 yet, but will probably stump for the 6 'cos I'm nuts....

EDIT 27-10: I'm in for the 6.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Hey dudes. Anyone doing the 6 hr that hasn't left yet that can throw in a spare helmet and gloves?
Swapped cars and managed to leave one bag behind.
No denying it, I'm a fuckwit, but no other option for me other than to beg/borrow at this point.
Anyone? Text me on 0408820237 if you can help me out.
Ta cobs's.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Ouch. Jumping into a 6-hour having only been back on the bike for about six weeks having been off for about five months doing other stuff, and only riding for about 2.5 hours each time probably isn't a great idea, but what the hell. I had no delusions of a stellar performance, so was happy to string in six laps & squeak in with enough time to do another one, but needed someone else's legs to do it..... Strung together three laps in one hit, then pitted for a toilet stop, stretch & bottle swap, did one before needing another bottle, then the last two in one stretch. Legs were feeling pretty toasted by the 3.5 hour mark, but pressed on until the already rusty skillz got even more sloppy on the last lap, so called it a day before I hurt myself.

Met Moorey for the first time; he actually seems almost normal! :behindsofa:

moorey

call me Mia
I did say "almost".... :yo:
I did my best to keep a lid on it. Great to meet you finally. I know we've had our ups and downs over the years....but the last 12 months have been kinder to us, and it was a pleasure to pass you a couple of times earlier....then be passed by you later when the going got tough. :behindsofa:

Huge 'big ups' to Rohan Adams for the helmet loan. Also to the awesome dude from Fitzroy bike addiction for the gloves. I love youse guys. :hug:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
All good, a bit of difference of opinion is good for a healthy forum. :smile: Good to finally meet you too.

I did tell you my "race" strategy was to start slow & pick 'em off later. Cheers for the bottle-spotting when the bloody thing found its ejector seat button. Twice.

moorey

call me Mia
All good, a bit of difference of opinion is good for a healthy forum. :smile: Good to finally meet you too.

I did tell you my "race" strategy was to start slow & pick 'em off later. Cheers for the bottle-spotting when the bloody thing found its ejector seat button. Twice.
I had a similar strategy. Didn't push hard for the first 4 laps, yet passed at least 30 people....then cramped and was passed by at least 60 people.... :pout: