The Chilli Thread!

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
2 Nagas above the ground, as well as Cayenne, Jalapeno and Bird's Eyes.
We still doing a trade?

Chilli update: Jalapeno's are doing well, some grubs getting to the leaves.. any ideas? My Scotch Bonnets are flying thanks to the humid conditions over the past few days. The real winners though are the Habeneros, 100% of my seedlings are doing well. Im expecting a good crop of chillis within the next three weeks as flowers are popping-up all over the place.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
[video=youtube;u9cB6Tu5_28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9cB6Tu5_28[/video]
Eating them is one thing, but rubbing them in your eyes is pretty freakin stupid. I wonder how many other people have gone for that record?

Is there a record for how many of those things people can rub on the end of their knobs?

indica

Serial flasher
We still doing a trade?

Shit yes!
My habas have not sprouted :(
Will wait until it warms up a bit before I plant anymore seeds.

One Habanero is up now.
Have Jalapeno, Cayenne, Bird's Eye, Naga Morich and Habanero now.

Last edited:

Bermshot

Banned
Last fortnight your generel small red chilli at my local was $54 AU a KG, this week they have dropped to $16. a KG. Is there a glut?

indica

Serial flasher
Two Naga's looking nasty on one plant, with a load more flowers coming along. No fruit on the Orange Habanero yet, but plenty of Cayenne, Bird's Eye and some Jalapenos.
Ben-E, how are the Scotch Bonnets going? I am keen for some seeds...

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Sorry for the late reply Indica.

My chilli plants are all struggling with this ridiculous Sydney weather, all this rain and cool temps has left all my plants struggling actually, and my tomatoes have blight!

Due to all the rain, slugs attacked my Jalapenos but they are finally bearing good fruit due to some sunshine. Habeneros are seriously struggling and are quite dwarfed. Scotch bonnets are going ok, just re-potted them, but as per the cooler weather they are stunted. I reckon they will bear fruit in a few weeks, in which case I will send you a bunch of seeds.. they are a really reliable strain of Scotch Bonnet im finding, seedlings are tough as old boots!

indica

Serial flasher
Well, the weather up here is obviously something the Naga likes. Grown from seed a few months ago and is very heavily fruiting.
I have used one in cooking and the heat is rather odd. The whole house was dying with chilli gas poisoning, coughing and spluttering. To eat was very hot, but only on my tounge. Felt like it was actually burnt. With the size of the crop I will happily send you a couple of chillies when they ripen. Bjorn will be getting a couple too.
The Habanero has only just come into flower with 2 chillies growing.

This guy has been living on the Naga since it was little, good protection there.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
God your Chilli's look so darn healthy! Even my three year old jalapeno is struggling with this big damp. Im considering transplanting a few of mine into pots which I can move around to avoid pests and collect more sun. Your Naga's look scary, they have that wrinkly-skin look, crikey!

Funny that you mention Chilli going through the house, the same thing happens here! People are fine until they walk through the door and they start producing mucus, coughing and have runny noses haha.

Carl-23

Likes Dirt
These chillis seem like death wishes to me!! I think the hottest i have had are some jalapenos :( You are all mad, crazy people. You have my respect!!!!

How do you grow these infernal plants anyway? I am thinking of trying some hotter chillis.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
These chillis seem like death wishes to me!! I think the hottest i have had are some jalapenos :( You are all mad, crazy people. You have my respect!!!!

How do you grow these infernal plants anyway? I am thinking of trying some hotter chillis.

Naga's, the Chilli species that Indica is growing, are considered to be the hottest in the world! Im growing Scotch Bonnets, which are not far behind.

Most of the time, Chillis are really easy to grow, just decent well drained soil and plenty of sunlight.. basically the opposite to Sydney's current weather.

willsy01

Eats Squid
My chilli plants are all struggling with this ridiculous Sydney weather
My habanero is suffering as well and it gets sun for most of the day. Last summer I had more than I knew what to do with......I started bringing them into work for people.

This time around i've had none. There are maybe half a dozen flowers that have held on and beared fruit. I should've pruned it back in September.

indica

Serial flasher
Nagas changed colour today. Looking nasty.

This is apparently the same as the first plant, although I get the feeling one of the other chillies may have pollinated it.

I gave 2 Nagas to the Chenz, and Austen and I both offered him $50 on the spot to eat one. Did not happen unfortunately.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Nagas changed colour today. Looking nasty.

Theyre getting that orange-burning color.

They look awesome!
If you do get someone to eat one whole, make sure you video it and add it to the thread :)
See that episode of the NRL Footy Show? They did it and pretty much everyone needed first aid, throwing up and generally having a very bad time, I was entertained :rolleyes:

Last edited: