NSW The Common Mountain Bike Festival

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
We have been working to add some new track. Should be interesting and keep people thinking. It is at the start of Rifle Range and is called Mother of Goatee. I will be working all good friday to have it open by the end of the day. Still needs some benching, rock work and another hit with the brushcutter.
Mother of goatee 7.jpgMother of goatee 6.jpgMother of goatee 5.jpgMother of goatee 4.jpgMother of goatee 2.jpgMother of goatee 1.jpg

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
Yeah, something a bit more interesting than just going flatout down the hill for a short bit. I think it will great with a bit of benching and some wheels over it.

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
Solo 24hr Champion Jason English is coming

Merida and Jetblack rider Jason English will be racing solo at the Common Mountain Bike Festival. Jason secured his 5th consecutive 24hr National Solo championship yesterday in Canberra and will be backing up from that at our event. Congratulations on a great effort.

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
Online entries close tomorrow Tuesday 10th April at 5pm

Don't forget to enter online before 5pm tomorrow to make your and our lives easier and you will also get your name and team on your race plate!

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Awesome event. I'll be back for sure. I clearly underestimated how much fun this track would be. I'm glad I was on a dually!

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fantastic event. It was awesome to ride trails that had not been groomed to within an inch of their life. The rocks were great, downhills were a blast and the ups were rewarding if you wanted to really push it.
Best thing is, this track is better than both awaba and glenrock imo,but is closer than both for me. Will be heading there more often in the future.

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all

Thanks for coming red racer. Glad you enjoyed the trails. No problem backing up hey? Don't you have a 24 in port this weekend too?

Jaseh - We ride almost every dry wednesday all year round and some fridays and sundays. I will PM you my number if you want to meet up for a ride sometime.

Results are up. Links on the web at www.commonmtbfestival.com

I will write a race wrap up when I get a chance. Can't wait to go for a ride around the track and see how it held up and also how the new Mother of Goatee section wore in. It's funny building it and still not even had a chance to ride it.

Anyway big thanks to everyone who came and everyone who helped make it possible. Hopefully see some new faces up there soon and can't wait to do it all again next year.

Last edited:

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for coming red racer. Glad you enjoyed the trails. No problem backing up hey? Don't you have a 24 in port this weekend too?

Jaseh - We ride almost every dry wednesday all year round and some fridays and sundays. I will PM you my number if you want to meet up for a ride sometime.

Results are up. Links on the web at www.commonmtbfestival.com

I will write a race wrap up when I get a chance. Can't wait to go for a ride around the track and see how it held up and also how the new Mother of Goatee section wore in. It's funny building it and still not even had a chance to ride it.

Anyway big thanks to everyone who came and everyone who helped make it possible. See ya next year

That's it. I'm moving to Dungog

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
There wasn't an official photographer but I am getting all the photos I have received together and will put them up soon.

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
visited your trails today. WOW. Great network. That section after the picnic table is simply perfect. Well done.
Glad you liked it. Al's downer is good fun.

The trails are in great condition at the moment. We will be announcing some details for next years race soon and are planning heaps of new trail features too. It's amazing looking at the photos of mother of goatee above compared to how it is now. The first section is quite fast now.