The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yesterday I picked up a fairly big bunch of coriander, which I think is mighty delicious. So I made some pesto with it. Then I had some pork loin and a mix of onions + black beans. As I laid the pesto onto my pork...rather than drizzle off as I had hoped it slid off ans laid out like a long green turd. A long way back one of my dogs dig a turd a little like this, well not thr colour but you know the shape...it turned out she had eaten one of my associate's stocking sock thing.

20240410_145455~2.jpg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Runned out of salt so went to the very old grinder. Grind grind gr8nd. WTF is that on the surface of the water? Rust dear reader, rust. Bottom of the grinder was very very corroded. Luckily just water and not the sexy fresh pasta.

Last edited:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
tried thai chilli basil again. Was very nice, but still a softer taste than what i get in restaurants. dont htink its the meat, ive tried with chicken and pork mince with similar results. maybe more soy and fish sauce.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
tried thai chilli basil again. Was very nice, but still a softer taste than what i get in restaurants. dont htink its the meat, ive tried with chicken and pork mince with similar results. maybe more soy and fish sauce.
Try MSG if you're certain you have all the other ingredients right.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just made a prik king pork for lunch. Pretty simple with the curry past, took about 25 minutes from prep to eating and very nice. added a couple of chillies which probably took it out of the realms of a family dinner, but makes a good option to get away from the computer when working from home

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m deep in a beef mass a man curry right now , gonna do it with butter beans as something different .
Only problem is my wife isn’t home for a while yet and it’s smells amazing .
May not get the smell out to be fair hahahaha

zac

Likes Dirt
Spinach and feta agnolotti with pesto sauce and a chunk of the cheap coles garlic bread. Sauce is garlic and chilli flakes, bacon, onion, tomato and green pesto with a couple of ladles of pasta water stirred in (can't remember the right term, but it makes this so much nicer) and a handful of pizza cheese on top cause we're classy like that.

1000009050.jpg

I'd really like to do a knife skills class - this should not take nearly an hour to prepare and cook, especially using Latina pasta...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That sauce sounds pretty good @zac !

For the knife skills, the best way to learn is to practise. Having a good sharp knife of reasonable size is also handy. A dull knife is slow and dangerous. My favourite knives to use are both cleavers with a santoku influence. The one I use the most was the cheapest knife I own! It's a kiwi brand I purchased in an Asian grocery store. Get amongst it!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The one I use the most was the cheapest knife I own! It's a kiwi brand I purchased in an Asian grocery store.
Those knives are so underrated. Buy them for a pittance and they stay sharp for ages, and I love how springy and able to deflect the blades are too.