The cooking thread

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Put a pork shoulder in to marinate for the next 48 hours before attempting to create Char Siu in the air fryer. Decided it was time for something with rice anyway. Made a very nice crispy chilli beef. Rainbow beef to some. One chilli short of what I would like for reasons but still unbelievably good to eat.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Tonight's concoction: creamy turkey & mushroom tortellini.

500g turkey mince, a few ham slices, chopped, a tin of whole champignons, including the brine, small tin of mushies in butter sauce, about a cup of cloudy cider (scrumpy), decent splodge of minced garlic, oregano, a smear of minced ginger, a dribble of lime juice, and cream. Dished up on mushroom-filled tortellini.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I was going to leave the pork shoulder for two days but when I opened the fridge it said cook me now!

Air fried at 210C for 10 mins, turn over, pour on some more marinade, another 10 minutes, then drizzle some honey, 210C for 2 mins and repeat on the other side.

It was yum. Well half was, that is 1.2kg of char siu...

Minlak

custom titis
Holds a special place in my heart. I lived for years in share houses on no name brand stovetop tuna casserole. Ahhhh the memories.
Thought I had stuffed it - turned out great Missus went back for seconds - need to find that recipe for the bedroom now.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Sauce you Trump lover
See, this is why you should never take culinary advice from an Australian. You have no idea what to call things.

Tomato Sauce if it's used in cooking may refer to any sauce made from tomatoes but most often it'll probably be Italian. Ketchup is a very different entity altogether so a distinction must be made particularly in this instance.

Same with chips. You c***ts cant make your f###ing minds up about what a chip is either.
Are they cold, crispy and come in a foil packet? Well, lets go with what the Americans do (never a good idea) and call them chips.
Are they steaming hot and served alongside steak or battered fish? Why don't we be like the Poms and call them chips too..

Pick a f***ing lane!!!

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of chips, you ever noticed how one of your most popular flavour of potato chip is Salt and Vinegar?
Tastes good, don't it. Vinegar on fried potato, I mean.

How about you start using it as a f***ing condiment in pubs and restaurants then!??!? :mad:

indica

Serial flasher
You have no idea what to call things.
Yes I fugging do. Minimum chips.... with sauce, actually I used to rate them with vinegar, well good.
Chips from the deli were different, samboy or smiths.

Italian tomato in cooking is passata, not sauce, any REAL aussie knows that.

You saw YOUR? WTF are you from POSM???????

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
See, this is why you should never take culinary advice from an Australian. You have no idea what to call things.

Tomato Sauce if it's used in cooking may refer to any sauce made from tomatoes but most often it'll probably be Italian. Ketchup is a very different entity altogether so a distinction must be made particularly in this instance.
I think you give Australians a little too much credit...tomato sauce, even when used in preparing dishes, is almost always going to be sauce. Our taste is far too bland to imagine using flavour in our cooking! Actually sauce almost always means tomato sauce...nothing else. We have cultured.

Same with chips. You c***ts cant make your f###ing minds up about what a chip is either.

Are they cold, crispy and come in a foil packet? Well, lets go with what the Americans do (never a good idea) and call them chips.

Are they steaming hot and served alongside steak or battered fish? Why don't we be like the Poms and call them chips too..

Pick a f***ing lane!!!
I think you mean crisps there Sonny Boy. Don't get me wrong, I agree a lot of our food names are poorly chosen.

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of chips, you ever noticed how one of your most popular flavour of potato chip is Salt and Vinegar?
Tastes good, don't it. Vinegar on fried potato, I mean.

How about you start using it as a f***ing condiment in pubs and restaurants then!??!? :mad:
You'll need to pay 20c for it...