The Demise of 'The Simpsons'.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
An old time favourite of mine is becoming a new found hate.

Personally I find the new Simpsons episodes (any episodes made within the last few years) quite irritating, unfunny and pretty much unbearable to watch.

None of the subtle satire is left. No awesome Homer/Bart stories and there's too much focus on Lisa and Marge. It's immitation of 'random' type of humour used in 'Family Guy' and the likes is becoming all too frequent. The animation is bizzare too, it's lost all it's simpleness.

Does anyone find this or am I just not liking the Simpsons anymore because they've become different?

Discuss?

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
yep quite frankly its crap.. that being said i thought the movie was awesome

i think the opposite, i think the movie was crap.

but i still get a kick out of most simpsons episodes, but saying that, i only watch it maybe once every 2 weeks.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree fully.

The Simpson's should work to their strengths not copying others such as Family Guy.

Just an idea, post up your favourite Simpson's quote so we can all reminisce with the good old times.

"Pffft... Only rich executive types like me can afford that, wait, I'm a guy like me!" (Homer Simpson, Circa 2000)

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With cartoons now such as Family Guy and American Dad it's hard to get amused by the Simpsons anymore.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
hey

I think these days when they replay old episodes, its a wasts of time because they have bad quality and that there isn't enough funnyness
but these days it's not too bad but yes it does get boring with just marge and lisa

cheers scott

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to agree, the Simpsons has really lost it for me in recent years, sure, i'll still happily sit down and watch an episode or two, but it really isn't anything like they to be, also hate how much the older episodes have been rerun ...

I think these days when they replay old episodes, its a wasts of time because they have bad quality and that there isn't enough funnyness
but these days it's not too bad but yes it does get boring with just marge and lisa

cheers scott
Old episodes still > New episodes, even if i've seen them a hundred times each, shit some of it's still funny!

i think the opposite, i think the movie was crap.
Your opinion is the correct one.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Family Guy is a terrible show, and if you are older than 15 you really shouldn't find it funny.

R_D

Likes Bikes
I agree with everything said about the new simpsons, they just aren't funny. The old episodes that still get played sometimes at 6.00 are still excellent though.. who cares that the quality of the image isn't as good..