The discount code thread

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
RAAW, Commencal, Yeti, Nicolai, Santa Cruz ?

Still only 39 euro postage with a Yeti frame thrown in :)

10% Discount code even knocks 360 euro off the Yeti.
Not a dentist. ;) Mate sent a link to the Commencal Meta TR. Nearly 4kg frame weight. Yikes.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
True. Have to ride the wheels I have (must finish building them). More thinking!
The rest of us ordered a frame and whinged about delays for 6 months, while collecting parts.

You've done the opposite, bought all the bling and no frame :D

shiny

The rest of us ordered a frame and whinged about delays for 6 months, while collecting parts.

You've done the opposite, bought all the bling and no frame :D
Well I have always done things a bit differently. Didn’t except them to stop shipping to Aus. Ha. Maybe sell all the parts and take up knitting! :p

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Don’t tell me there is backlog for carbon knitting needles and yarn made from rare Alpacas?
If you’re wanting to go full dentist on your knitting, surely some kind of Dyneema braided microfibre would be the ultimate weight-saving over Alpaca yarn.

If you’re only running carbon fibre needles for the vibration damping you could switch to some alloy needles with Vibrocore inserts and save a few bucks. Though you might want to get some some grips if they’re a bit cold to the touch this time of year though. Question remains would you choose foamies, slip-ons, single lock-on, double lock-on or Rev-knits? I’d probably go boutique Ti needles with single lock-on grips with a purple anno lockrings.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
If you’re wanting to go full dentist on your knitting, surely some kind of Dyneema braided microfibre would be the ultimate weight-saving over Alpaca yarn.

If you’re only running carbon fibre needles for the vibration damping you could switch to some alloy needles with Vibrocore inserts and save a few bucks. Though you might want to get some some grips if they’re a bit cold to the touch this time of year though. Question remains would you choose foamies, slip-ons, single lock-on, double lock-on or Rev-knits? I’d probably go boutique Ti needles with single lock-on grips with a purple anno lockrings.
You don't find Ti a bit flexy for precision work? I'd probably go carbon for directional stability without the weight penalty

beeb

You don't find Ti a bit flexy for precision work? I'd probably go carbon for directional stability without the weight penalty
I mostly knit blue-rated patterns so don't find a need for the extra precision a black-diamond, double-black or pro knitter might require.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You guys aren't using e-needles yet? Fuck me! Get with the program...I can knit one pearl one all day at thrice the speed.

shiny

Man. Choosing is hard. Might just go all hipster and go with UK sourced steel needles. Old school weight and precision.

beeb

Man. Choosing is hard. Might just go all hipster and go with UK sourced steel needles. Old school weight and precision.
With the needles being able to be made that bit thinner than other materials, the stitch-feel is so supple.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Discuss with the CFO that the frame you want is unavailable and that the ear marked funds are confirmed frozen in the bling trust account.

Grab a $1900 Commencal TR from BC and ride till the frame becomes available. Order frame and sell the Commencal to local squids that have grown out of their Meds.

Use top lingo when selling. First wash it and have it dripping wet to cover scratches, then hit them with - like new, absolute weapon, my loss is your gain, ragretful sale etc...

shiny

Discuss with the CFO that the frame you want is unavailable and that the ear marked funds are confirmed frozen in the bling trust account.

Grab a $1900 Commencal TR from BC and ride till the frame becomes available. Order frame and sell the Commencal to local squids that have grown out of their Meds.

Use top lingo when selling. First wash it and have it dripping wet to cover scratches, then hit them with - like new, absolute weapon, my loss is your gain, ragretful sale etc...
Don’t forget photos at weird angles and getting your foot in at least 2 of those photos.