The discount code thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Amateurs !
Of course, now that their discounting pattern has become obvious, they will screw me over next month probably !
I won't make that mistake again. Worse would have been if it was 12% and free shipping...

choiboi

Likes Dirt
They also price jack some popular items when they do the site wide.

Plenty of items are cheaper at bike bug... So it's basically the same price or the difference is negligible

Don't feel too bad..

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
They also price jack some popular items when they do the site wide
Really? I haven't seen/heard of Pushy's doing that but another aussie mtb online store has been flagged for that.

Bike Bug and 99 Bikes are both worth checking for pricing against Pushys and MTB Direct. The pricing can be 20% better/worse pretty commonly.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
bikecomponents.de promised me they were still shipping and to their credit both my orders shipped quickly. Unfortunately they did a week long trip around the block and DHL took the items back lol. They refunded me after another week.

CRC are somehow avoiding all of this, I'm getting orders in about a week from them.
Yeah mine did exactly the same. However I emailed them and told them to hold on to it. I’m buying a frame which is heavily discounted. Never seen it that cheap. Thus I want it no matter what.

I should call aust post to check on my parcel from Finland. That one has been stuck in the Finnish depot for at least 3 weeks now.

K.C.

Likes Dirt
hey, i am also looking at buying that 601 frame, it will be the first frameset build for me. AUD/EUR claw back most of its lost this week.
mind listing your component list for reference?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
hey, i am also looking at buying that 601 frame, it will be the first frameset build for me. AUD/EUR claw back most of its lost this week.
mind listing your component list for reference?
I’ll just be transferring whatever that’s in my current 601 to it
Lyrik 150/180 fork
Syntace w35 wheelset
Thomson stem 50mm, kore 780mm bar
10 speed mix shimano xt/slx
Bikeyoke dropper

That frame is a bargain of a century. Thus I insisted on it no matter what.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Agreed. Was going to buy a new helmet and other bits - saw email - you beauty - price of helmet jumped 11.43% overnight on day of sale for 12% off... Business lost.

choiboi

Likes Dirt
Yep pays to cross check prices against other sites before committing to pushys site wide price jacking

D

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Pushys 12% off sitewide......so the price of a Maxxis tyre goes to $110 fucking rogues
I've found all sorts of surprises lately on things like cassettes, chains, sealant with prices at Pushy's vs 99 bikes. I'd not even thought of 99 bikes as an option to consider, but they're about $30 cheaper on an XT cassette in store vs Pushy's online.

takai

Eats Squid
99Bikes doesnt quite have the range though, so on my last order they didnt have the Sunrace 11-42 or the GRX mech, or the SRAM NX cluster.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
99Bikes doesnt quite have the range though, so on my last order they didnt have the Sunrace 11-42 or the GRX mech, or the SRAM NX cluster.
No-one had GRX for about half a year, that stuff was almost impossible to get. By the time I finally got a back in stock notification from Pushy's, it was back at 99 bikes right around the same time. Talking with the guy I bought the frame off (non-chain) about his discussions with the rep was that that issue was all at their end.
Shimano can kiss my arse with their geoblocking crap, I'll just be avoiding their stuff as much as possible in the future, as I already do with SRAM.

But yes, I do agree that the range at 99 bikes can be a limiting factor in what you can get from there.

takai

Eats Squid
No-one had GRX for about half a year, that stuff was almost impossible to get. By the time I finally got a back in stock notification from Pushy's, it was back at 99 bikes right around the same time. Talking with the guy I bought the frame off (non-chain) about his discussions with the rep was that that issue was all at their end.
Shimano can kiss my arse with their geoblocking crap, I'll just be avoiding their stuff as much as possible in the future, as I already do with SRAM.

But yes, I do agree that the range at 99 bikes can be a limiting factor in what you can get from there.
Even now Pushys has GRX mechs on their site, but 99Bikes don't. BikeBug do at around the same price as Pushys.

Should check BikeBug more often though.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

Should check BikeBug more often though.
i reckon 50% of my new gear purchases r thru them, even get mtb tyres when they put them on special..i always use pickup at tullamarine freight depot, i pass by there on way home from melbs once a week,