The discount code thread

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The thing I like about MTBD is that they generally stock good brands and seem to care about what they sell.

Pushys and 99 bikes sell so much rubbish to people who don't know any better.

If MTBD/ Pushys put the prices up before a sale, its probably easier to mark up a few things that you dont want to include in sale back to RRP etc and then discount everything, rather than discount 90% of things one by one? I don't know, but thats what I would do

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
what groupset u going to use then? sunrace/box
I was going to go box. I built the spitfire just before the geoblock, so it's all XT.
With the gravel bike, there was no real viable option I could see other than SRAM & Shimano, hence the GRX.
I'd already been leaning towards avoiding Shimano anyway, it just feels like the quality has been slipping and the geoblock was the final straw straw for me. So I'll try box and see what's up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
The thing I like about MTBD is that they generally stock good brands and seem to care about what they sell.

Pushys and 99 bikes sell so much rubbish to people who don't know any better.

If MTBD/ Pushys put the prices up before a sale, its probably easier to mark up a few things that you dont want to include in sale back to RRP etc and then discount everything, rather than discount 90% of things one by one? I don't know, but thats what I would do
& that's generally why most of my stuff has ended up coming from mtbd. I've usually decided what it is I was before I go hunting for it, and mtbd is the one that usually has it. I've also had a lot of good customer service experiences with them over the years, and that definitely counts for something.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Gloworm lights 25% off “APRILVIP”
Bastard, mine just arrived on Friday from MTB Direct, is the 25% deal direct from GloWorm?

EDIT: Just checked it out by putting the same stuff into a cart directly on the GloWorm site and applying the coupon code, don't feel too ripped off as it only worked out $20 cheaper, $412.39 vs. $433.85.

Last edited:

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Wiggle out of the UK is still working. Order placed on Thursday, parcel cleared customs in Sydney this morning.

I paid the extra $10 for expedited, but not sure if that means the order gets attended to quicker or a different logistics option..
So with CRC, I placed an order last Wednesday. Shipped on Friday, and it's now in US, expected delivery this coming Friday. I didn't pay extra shipping fee, just used the normal free shipping. It's making a trip around the globe (hopefully it came with few nice pics of different countries). I was shocked on how quick it is given my other parcel from Finland ordered way before (containing the frame which all the parts have now been shipped and will arrive very soon on my doorstep) is nowhere to be seen thanks to Covid-19, and Aust post just decided to ignore my phone call and email asking about it.

So the lesson from this: company who relies on national postal service to post international parcel (like bike components and ok Pole from Finland) will suffer while those using private company (like CRC with DHL) will prevail. Given no certainty around when everything is going back to normal (ish), I'll be paying the extra to use private company if I need my parts asap.

nathanm

Eats Squid
So with CRC, I placed an order last Wednesday. Shipped on Friday, and it's now in US, expected delivery this coming Friday. I didn't pay extra shipping fee, just used the normal free shipping. It's making a trip around the globe (hopefully it came with few nice pics of different countries). I was shocked on how quick it is given my other parcel from Finland ordered way before (containing the frame which all the parts have now been shipped and will arrive very soon on my doorstep) is nowhere to be seen thanks to Covid-19, and Aust post just decided to ignore my phone call and email asking about it.

So the lesson from this: company who relies on national postal service to post international parcel (like bike components and ok Pole from Finland) will suffer while those using private company (like CRC with DHL) will prevail. Given no certainty around when everything is going back to normal (ish), I'll be paying the extra to use private company if I need my parts asap.
I paid express shipping on a CRC order on Friday 1st May. CRC didn't process the order until Saturday May 2 and shipped on Monday 4th. Was in the U.S Tuesday 5th and hit Sydney Thursday 7th then forwarded to Melbourne Friday 8th. Of course I wont see it until probably late this week so it appears express and regular DHL courier moves at around the same speed so a waste of an extra $10

Scotty675

Cable thief
SHIM10 gets you 10% of shimano at pushys at the moment. Think it ends tonight. They hadn't jacked the price up on the lever I bought like they normally do.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
mtbdirect have 15% off wolftooth. WTC15 code on the site. Wanted some alloy snaplink pliers, but haven't pulled the trigger.

On shipping delays.... Ordered from wiggle on 7 May - Still held up in Cincinnati OH. Ordered from CRC on 8 May - Out for delivery by DHL today.
Both had reached USA on the same day, and were showing the same tracking messages. But one is now held up. Go figure.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
mtbdirect have 15% off wolftooth. WTC15 code on the site. Wanted some alloy snaplink pliers, but haven't pulled the trigger.

On shipping delays.... Ordered from wiggle on 7 May - Still held up in Cincinnati OH. Ordered from CRC on 8 May - Out for delivery by DHL today.
Both had reached USA on the same day, and were showing the same tracking messages. But one is now held up. Go figure.
That is definitely very strange. Could it be that the wiggle parcel is not scanned properly by the postman?

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
So the lesson from this: company who relies on national postal service to post international parcel (like bike components and ok Pole from Finland) will suffer while those using private company (like CRC with DHL) will prevail.
Only problem is when post goes full private prices get insane. US postal prices are ridiculous compared to Uk where there is a national postal service.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
That is definitely very strange. Could it be that the wiggle parcel is not scanned properly by the postman?
?? Scanning events are showing up on DHL tracking. Seems to have gone to LA now, then departed... hopefully headed across the Pacific and not back to Ohio again.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
?? Scanning events are showing up on DHL tracking. Seems to have gone to LA now, then departed... hopefully headed across the Pacific and not back to Ohio again.
Mine came to Australia after leaving LA. So yours should be on the way. fingers crossed!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Full Deore 12 speed available from MTB Direct - $515 for the crank ($155), chain ($45), cassette ($160), derailleur ($95) and shifter ($60).