The discount code thread

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
And successful geoblock avoidance happens how?
Merlin have an OE arrangement with Shimano...and they can and do ship Shimano stuff. Got some shifters in February for example. SJS Cycles will too but they don't always have the price advantage. Lately I've been finding Bikebug locally does OK with some Shimano stuff too.

Also been keeping an eye on the Microshift Advent X range for The Lads new 26" build...under $300 locally for 10 speed clutched derailleur, shift and 11-42 alloy cassette isn't to be sneezed at (under $250 if you go 9 speed). Tempted I is...

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Merlin have an OE arrangement with Shimano...and they can and do ship Shimano stuff.
I'm interested in hearing more about their OE arrangement. When I tried to warranty a faulty brake lever Shimano Australia assured me there was no overseas companies that were allowed to ship Shimano stuff, that's why CRC had to get warehousing onshore. Merlin required shipping back to the UK for Shimano UK to look at so it all smelled dodgy to me. Also the Merlin customer service experience is similar to a prostate exam with sand for lube.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'm interested in hearing more about their OE arrangement. When I tried to warranty a faulty brake lever Shimano Australia assured me there was no overseas companies that were allowed to ship Shimano stuff, that's why CRC had to get warehousing onshore. Merlin required shipping back to the UK for Shimano UK to look at so it all smelled dodgy to me. Also the Merlin customer service experience is similar to a prostate exam with sand for lube.
Not going to argue but that's about the truth of it. Merlin 'assemble' their own bikes so (presumably) use Shimano UK as their OE supplier...and offload their 'glut' to their international acolytes who are searching constantly for a bargain. And yes...if you want customer service then, by all means, pound sand. To date, however, I've always got my coin back....

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Not going to argue but that's about the truth of it. Merlin 'assemble' their own bikes so (presumably) use Shimano UK as their OE supplier...and offload their 'glut' to their international acolytes who are searching constantly for a bargain. And yes...if you want customer service then, by all means, pound sand. To date, however, I've always got my coin back....
Ah I had assumed the same about selling excess parts but thought you had some inside knowledge.